Rafe Bags at Target

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
U.S.A.
I bought one today, it has a straw bottom and an orange and blue floral top, and brown trim. I loved it on sight but now I'm undecided as to whether I will keep it so the tags are still on...
What do you all think of these bags? and

How do you pronounce the designer's name?

titania029

O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Dallas
I have a patent leather-looking vanilla clutch. It's cute, and I don't mind taking it to smokey bars because it was only $20.

Feb 26, 2006
WI, USA
The Rafe for Target bags are incredibly nice. They're definitely better than what you would expect from a store from Target.

ZoeyZoo

Feb 6, 2007
USA
IMO the ones I have seen for Target were great buys for the money. They feel much nicer than the $20-50 dollars most of them were. The quality was more than what I usually see at that price range or higher price ranges. You could have told me the larger ones were $300-400 and I would have believed it.

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Im eyeing up the blue one as a temporary fix. I just don't want to waste money if Im only going to use it for a couple months.

jandelvis

Apr 2, 2007
i have the faux patent clutch in Navy and have seen others in the store (including the floral one mentioned in the original post). i think they are terrific buys for the price point! good construction, not wearing out quickly etc.

while i adore carrying around my higher priced bags, there's something to be said for carrying something cute that won't kill you if it gets harmed in the pursuit of nightlife :smile:

TheGirlGotSoul

Marc Jacobs Fangirl
Dec 17, 2006
Providence, RI
I have a patent leather-looking vanilla clutch. It's cute, and I don't mind taking it to smokey bars because it was only $20.
SMOKEY BARS?!

Oh, those were the days. No smoking inside bars around here. Hahhahaha.

And I have that same clutch, in Navy. And I got it for $14 and for that price, I really adore it. I use it when it rains. :yes:

titania029

O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Dallas
SMOKEY BARS?!

Oh, those were the days. No smoking inside bars around here. Hahhahaha.

And I have that same clutch, in Navy. And I got it for $14 and for that price, I really adore it. I use it when it rains. :yes:
I wish they would ban smoking in bars here too. I went to a club a few weeks ago that had a smoking and non-smoking section. But of course, the smoke just drifted over.

Luna

wheeeee
O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
nyc
His straw bags are less versatile than the other patent bags that were done previously

purly

ALL THE BAGS!
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
Austin, TX
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I didn't like Rafe for Target. I thought the materials were low quality and too "fake" looking. I hope I don't get flamed for this!

... but I do love a lot of the Rafe collection bags, especially the snakeskin ones!