Rafe at Target - am I the last to know?

For those who had bought the DR bag,
is it shiny
patent.jpg

or matt black?

B000GLO9KU.jpg

or do they have both?
care to share how's the inside of the bag look like?
how's the lining?

TIA

The lining, esp for a low-end mass-market bag, is really nice. It's cotton (or a mostly cotton blend), with a brown logoish pattern on a white background. It makes it really easy to find things in the bag, IMHO, which comes in especially handy with the very big black doctor bag.

As for the shininess, it's somewhere between those two pics from the website. I think it's about the same amount of shiny as any regular patent bag, so if that's not your thing, then you might care for this. There's a texture to the PVC, however, that makes it look less "cheap" and more "luxe", again IMHO. It's more obvious with the smaller clutches than with the larger bags, but I'm crazy about the whole line, so I'm biased. The only bags I haven't gotten are the hobos, because the magnetic closure just does not hold well enough for me (I'm paranoid about stuff flying out when I sling the bag over my shoulder).

BTW, the clutches have a small "credit card" section inside the front wall of the main section, as well as a back wall zipper pocket and a front zipped section, all inside the double snap flap. I was able to downsize to the bare essentials this weekend and carry just the clutch with my most important cards, cash, cell phone, keys and two lipsticks. If you get nothing else from the line, the clutches are easily worth your time and money if you like how they look.

I just got the vanilla satchel and the black doctor's bag. I had to go to four Targets in my area to find the black one. These bags are selling out fast, so get to Target TODAY if you are interested. I'm really thinking about going back after the big blue hobo, just for fun. For me, the dead giveaway that a bag is inexpensive is not the fact that it isn't leather. Many high end designers are using PVC and coated fabrics. The real ick is bad stitching and cheap hardware. These bags are impeccable on both of those points IMHO, and the lining is the icing on the cake - really nice signature lining you would not expect on an inexpensive bag.

I went to Target last night, and I was surprised to see they had these bags (seems like the Target in my town never gets the cool stuff). I am impressed. For being Target bags, they are so nice. They look very well made. I examined the contrast stitching on them closely, and there wasn't a stitch out of place.

i got the black dr. bag-love it!
i really think it makes a statement-love the size and will use for work.
I have a few Lv's and lOVE THEM , BUT YOU CAN'T BEAT A DESIGNER BAG FOR 49.99. I HAVE 3 MONTHS TO 'DOG' it and if it falls apart-i'll return it. I love Target return policy.
Don't forget, Stella McCarthy is selling vegan , non leather bags for 1000.00!!!!!

These are selling out..only a couple left in nyc...get it online if you can. It's already selling on ebay for double or more...I wish I had bought the doctor's bag in time...

Also, the lining is the same as the expensive leather RAFE bags. =)

We got these in Atlanta in November. I actually bought the blue hobo and the black doctors bag while on a job in Alabama and when I go home I returned the black doctor and purchased the brown clutch. The blue hobo was my everyday bag up until mid December. I pull it out now if I can't decide on a bag or if it just is not that serious of a day in terms of errands and such.

I have the wristlet in black and it's cool, the lining is pretty and the hardware is nice. The button closures are kinda annoying cause they pop open a lot but it's a good little wristlet to grab on your way out to the grocery store, etc. I like it.

I just bought the navy hobo on ebay, for just slightly higher than they were selling in the target stores. I paid $63, and they were $50 at Target. I got it yesterday and I love it! It is a large bag, however. Not a probem for me since I am tall, but may look odd on a tiny girl.

I bought my black Dr.'s bag around a month ago. I was keeping it a secret on here because I thought everyone would think I was nuts going from $1000. bags to a $49.99 bag. lol. I saw this bag on a friend & thought it was cool. I had been stalking Target until they got in a new shipment. I even thought of buying an expensive leather Rafe, but I really liked the shape of the Dr.'s satchel at Target better. Anyway, I purchased this bag to travel to Europe in a few weeks. It will be a combination purse/carryon. I will pack a small LV or Chanel to carry in the nicer stores though.