Rado: a good brand??

HappyAngel

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
Canada
I want to get a good watch. Anyone think Rado is a good brand? A friend of mine said that it's very popular...but I have never heard of it. Anything bad about Rado?

aussie*glamour

Sweeties!
Jul 5, 2007
Gold Coast
I own 4 Rados which are between 5 and 6 years old, and I have only just had to replace the batteries in the last year. I find them to be excellent at keeping time and the sapphire crystal face is great for being scratch resistant. I haven't had a problem with mine yet.

dvanos

Oct 31, 2007
Singapore
I want to get a good watch. Anyone think Rado is a good brand? A friend of mine said that it's very popular...but I have never heard of it. Anything bad about Rado?
rado is quite a good brand. but depends on what u like, budget and the function u need.

what's your age?

dokturshoo

Oct 24, 2006
Iraq
I have a Rado. If I get the chance, I will post pics.

It is a very sleek brand which always gets compliments.

HappyAngel

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
Canada
I am debating between a Gucci watch & a rado watch. I wish I can afford Rolex, but I can't.....I stopped by the jewelery shop today & Yes, just like dokturshoo said...the Rado watches are so sleek & they are quite thin too. Looks very comfortable to wear, but what about the band? Will they get scratch. I saw some really nice gunmetal color band by Rado. :drool:

chaz

Superstar DJ
Sep 8, 2007
Thats the great thing about them,they are made from the same stuff thats on the nose cone of the shuttle that stops it burning up on re-entry to our atmosphere!!! So they are super scratch resistant,very sleek and distintinctive looking watch. The only thing I have known to damage them is it getting dropped on a hard floor such as marble or granite,it can get chipped. The links are so easy to change it really isn't a problem,only downside is your separated from your watch for a while when its gettin fixed!!!!!! I have always seemed to work with Rado wherever I have worked and they really are a great brand!! Not all the styles are for everyone,but hey,would'nt it be boring if we ALL wore exactly the same watch!

luvednotspoiled

<3 <3 <3
O.G.
Feb 18, 2007
Arizona
i think for me this is a personal thing, but i equate rado to an "married with kid brand" lol....and that is just because A LOT of my uncles and aunts own one...and my mom is obsessed with them.

They are pretty, and have a great reputation (exp in the indian community!) but i personally wouldn't get one...the excat same way i wouldn't buy a rolex...that's just me! I'd prefer a cartier or a chanel lol

but sorry way off topic, rado's are reputable and people that hve them swear by them! :smile:

Plain_Jane_Too

Plain Jane
O.G.
Sep 30, 2005
Rado has more "modern" designs for the younger set (20s) and they are of superb quality.

I inherited my wonderful Mom's Rado that she bought in 1972 and it is still in great working condition! No scratches! I just had to change the battery and had it cleaned. I still use the Rado and I feel less conspicuous when I wear it as it is not as mass market as Rolex.

And oh, I don't feel bad wearing it to the office and I don't have to worry about being thought of being paid too much! (not that I am but you know...)