Radley dillema...Any suggestions?

Here's the deal... I really want the Radley Portobello hobo in bitter chocolate. It's on clearance but now sold out on the website.

I e-mailed the company and was told I could call one of the stores and they could locate it for me and arrange shipping to the US. Anyway, I found out that the Brighton store in England has a few of them. I talked to someone there and was all ready to give her my card number and address. She then told me that she couldn't ship to the US. WHAT??? I told her about the e-mail and she called the person who sent it to me and apparently the store can only ship it to the UK. She said that, if I knew someone in the UK (which I don't...), they can purchase it and have it shipped to them and then ship it to me. I really want this bag but don't have any other ideas. I did e-mail the corporate person back and she said the store can't ship it as well. She said she misunderstood where I was.

Any thoughts?

Hrm. I know Lord & Taylor and Nordstrom carry radley london bags, so maybe you could contact those stores and see if they have the same bag?

There are apparently also a few radley london stores in the US--try this one maybe? http://www.yelp.com/biz/radley-london-garden-city

ARRGH! :cursing: The Long Island store is CLOSED!!! I called two stores in MA that aren't L&T's and they don't have the bags (although the lady I talked to was really nice!) and can't get one.

I called Radley's 800# and left a message for Mandi Smith, the person at Radley with whom I'd been e-mailing. I also got her number so I can call her tomorrow if I don't hear from her.

What to do...what to do...??? I STILL don't see why they can't just ship the bag to me from the UK store.

Would the UK store be able to ship to a US store (who could then ship to you)? Also there seems to be a non-L&T store in Pittsburgh, as well as one in CA. Maybe try them?

Larrimor's
Union Trust Building ;501 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Tel: 412-471-5727

Fred Segal
420 Broadway
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Tel: 310.458.6661

Would the UK store be able to ship to a US store (who could then ship to you)?

Thanks for the idea, Morisa! I tried that and (since it's a "sale" bag) they "can't" do that. I called the numbers you gave me (thanks again!) and the Pittsburgh store doesn't have Radley anymore (nothing left on sale, either) and the Fred Segal number is disconnected. I'm going to try to find another number for them in a minute.

I did get a note back from Mandi @ Radley London who said that they can get me the bag in Black or Kangaroo. I really want it in the Bitter Chocolate. I'll attach pix of each if you want to give me your opinion. I just think the colors look the best with the chocolate bag. I am not a fan of black bags- I am more of a 'brown' person.

Thanks again for all of your continued help. There's got to be a way to do this. I'm almost tempted to find someone on eBay in the UK and see if they'll take a commission to get the bag for me. I can't think of another way.