Radiant E-Ring...But Asscher solitaire pendant???Opinions needed!

jtc103

Jewelry lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2009
Hi ladies, I'm in a dilemma and I need your help! My e-ring is a radiant cut diamond. I love it, I get the sparkle of a brilliant cut and it satisfies my square/rectangular desire. I've been wanting to get a solitaire pendant to match. I want it 0.5ct so that it's small enough for me to wear everyday and gives me the ability to layer it with other necklaces for the days that I would like to change it up/jazz it up a little bit.

Well just a few minutes ago DH tells me to choose the diamond I want and to order it asap so that it comes in time for Christmas. (don't worry I don't mind the non-surprise Christmas gift :lol:)

Now my dilemma...I was looking at radiant cut diamonds, but what really drew my attention was an asscher one. I would set it diamond shape, not square shape.

Do you think it would look odd with my radiant cut e-ring since the cut is different?

Also, here are the stats, diamond experts, please chime in!

Cut:Very Good
Colour:H
Clarity:IF
Depth %:65.5%
Table %:61%
Polish:Very Good
Symmetry:Very Good
Girdle:Slightly Thick to Thick
Culet:None
Fluorescence:None
Measurements:4.41 x 4.40 x 2.88 mm
Length/width ratio:1

Did you try the .5 ct on? For me anything less than 1 ct, disappears when I put it on necklace. Stones always looks bigger on your hands than your neck.

dbeech said:
Did you try the .5 ct on? For me anything less than 1 ct, disappears when I put it on necklace. Stones always looks bigger on your hands than your neck.

Thanks...good point. I want it to be dainty but not too dainty.

IDtoTX said:
I have a .56 DBTY type necklace. It's dainty but I LOVE it for everyday wear.

Thanks for the reply...could you post a pic? I love the dbty! I want to get an idea how it looks on others for a half carat size. I want something I could wear everyday and would look good layered with other necklaces but at the same time when worn alone would be enough.