Radiant E-Ring...But Asscher solitaire pendant???Opinions needed!

jtc103

Jewelry lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2009
Hi ladies, I'm in a dilemma and I need your help! My e-ring is a radiant cut diamond. I love it, I get the sparkle of a brilliant cut and it satisfies my square/rectangular desire. I've been wanting to get a solitaire pendant to match. I want it 0.5ct so that it's small enough for me to wear everyday and gives me the ability to layer it with other necklaces for the days that I would like to change it up/jazz it up a little bit.

Well just a few minutes ago DH tells me to choose the diamond I want and to order it asap so that it comes in time for Christmas. (don't worry I don't mind the non-surprise Christmas gift :lol:)

Now my dilemma...I was looking at radiant cut diamonds, but what really drew my attention was an asscher one. I would set it diamond shape, not square shape.

Do you think it would look odd with my radiant cut e-ring since the cut is different?

Also, here are the stats, diamond experts, please chime in!

Cut:Very Good
Colour:H
Clarity:IF
Depth %:65.5%
Table %:61%
Polish:Very Good
Symmetry:Very Good
Girdle:Slightly Thick to Thick
Culet:None
Fluorescence:None
Measurements:4.41 x 4.40 x 2.88 mm
Length/width ratio:1

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
I don't think you need to be concerned with it not being the same cut. But you don't probably need an IF stone.

jtc103

Jewelry lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2009
ame said:
I don't think you need to be concerned with it not being the same cut. But you don't probably need an IF stone.
Thanks for the reply. How about the other characteristics?

dbeech

I need more Veau Box
O.G.
Jan 5, 2008
The OC
Did you try the .5 ct on? For me anything less than 1 ct, disappears when I put it on necklace. Stones always looks bigger on your hands than your neck.

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Thanks for the reply. How about the other characteristics?
The H is fine, I would go down to a VS1 if you can find one, and go up closer to .75 unless you want this to be a dainty necklace.

jtc103

Jewelry lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2009
dbeech said:
Did you try the .5 ct on? For me anything less than 1 ct, disappears when I put it on necklace. Stones always looks bigger on your hands than your neck.
Thanks...good point. I want it to be dainty but not too dainty.

jtc103

Jewelry lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2009
IDtoTX said:
I have a .56 DBTY type necklace. It's dainty but I LOVE it for everyday wear.
Thanks for the reply...could you post a pic? I love the dbty! I want to get an idea how it looks on others for a half carat size. I want something I could wear everyday and would look good layered with other necklaces but at the same time when worn alone would be enough.

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Keep in mind though that an asscher will not face up the same dimensional size as a round. They are smaller in spread and "taller" in height.