Racist?

statfan

Dec 17, 2006
My mom just told me about something that my aunt told her happened with younger cousin. He's 9 and we know most of his friends because he lives two blocks down from us. Anyway, he is friend with this boy George, who is black, and they get along really well. Not to mention, this kid is super nice and polite. So, he's walking to George's house, who lives on the same block as him, and sees this girl, Christina. I've met this little girl. She is very stuck up and annoying. :sad: Also, she has two white parents but is Chinese (I think) she's adopted. Anyway, he saw her and she's all where you going? He's all to George's house. She says oh I don't like him. From what my aunt and cousin say, she always says things like that and never hangs around with nonwhite kids. So, my cousin says to her, you know you're not white and walks off. So, she tells her mom. Now, her mom is saying my cousin is racist! :nuts: What do you guys think? :confused1:

So, my cousin says to her, you know you're not white and walks off.
So, she tells her mom. Now, her mom is saying my cousin is racist! :nuts: What do you guys think? :confused1:[/QUOTE]

I'd say this mother is the racist one & doesn't want to admit it. (Your cousin is 9?) She's the one teaching her kid to have an attitude about non whites. Talk about giving her kid mixed messages when her own child is asian.
People can be idiots, ignore her.

So, my cousin says to her, you know you're not white and walks off.
So, she tells her mom. Now, her mom is saying my cousin is racist! :nuts: What do you guys think? :confused1:

I'd say this mother is the racist one & doesn't want to admit it. (Your cousin is 9?) She's the one teaching her kid to have an attitude about non whites. Talk about giving her kid mixed messages when her own child is asian.
People can be idiots, ignore her.[/quote]

Yeah, he's 9. I really dislike that whole family. They're gossips and annoying.

Hello, Iam by no means racist and please no one take this as a racist remark. But you are what you are, if she is chinese, she is NOT by white race, White parents or no white parents. Its like me, Im 100% british Born, natuarally Blonde and blue eyes white boy, I CANT go round saying that Im black. People should be able to accept who they are. this girl obviously has been told by her parents that she is white...she isnt. her perents are probably angry because your cousin has questioned them, He was 100% right to do this. Sorry this happened to you. It shouldnt even matter about colour, race etc. I have many black friends and I love them dearly, I call them my black sisters...and they Love it LOL :nuts:

Maybe Christina doesn't like the George because of some other reason than race? Just because somebody doesn't like someone else doesn't mean that that person is racist against the other person. From what I gather, there wasn't any talk of race in the children's dialogue prior to your mom's cousin mentioning the word "white."

The fact that the Christina only has white friends is irrelevant and doesn't make her a racist. First off, we don't know the racial demographic in your area. What is the percentage of White vs. Black vs. Hispanic vs. Asian? When I was in elementary school, there were 3 Asians (including myself) and one Black child; everyone else was White. All of my close friends were White, but that doesn't make me racist.

I think whatever happened between the children should be taken for face value. Yes, what Christina said was mean and wrong. Yes, what your mom's cousin said was also wrong. But I don't think anybody here is racist against each other. I think Christina's mother jumped to conclusions about racism because race was mentioned in the conversation. Had the little cousin just told Christina she was rude and mean and not have mentioned "White", the mother would have no basis to support her argument.

Maybe Christina doesn't like the George because of some other reason than race? Just because somebody doesn't like someone else doesn't mean that that person is racist against the other person. From what I gather, there wasn't any talk of race in the children's dialogue prior to your mom's cousin mentioning the word "white."

The fact that the Christina only has white friends is irrelevant and doesn't make her a racist. First off, we don't know the racial demographic in your area. What is the percentage of White vs. Black vs. Hispanic vs. Asian? When I was in elementary school, there were 3 Asians (including myself) and one Black child; everyone else was White. All of my close friends were White, but that doesn't make me racist.

I think whatever happened between the children should be taken for face value. Yes, what Christina said was mean and wrong. Yes, what your mom's cousin said was also wrong. But I don't think anybody here is racist against each other. I think Christina's mother jumped to conclusions about racism because race was mentioned in the conversation. Had the little cousin just told Christina she was rude and mean and not have mentioned "White", the mother would have no basis to support her argument.

There's a pretty equal number of whites, blacks, and hispanics from what I see. Not very many Asian people. I've heard about this girl before, and it seems from her behavior she has a problem with, or is uncomfortable (again there are a lot of nonwhites in our area), nonwhite people.

Maybe my cousin said it the wrong way, but he doesn't have a problem with her race. Just her behavior.

Hello, Iam by no means racist and please no one take this as a racist remark. But you are what you are, if she is chinese, she is NOT by white race, White parents or no white parents. Its like me, Im 100% british Born, natuarally Blonde and blue eyes white boy, I CANT go round saying that Im black. People should be able to accept who they are. this girl obviously has been told by her parents that she is white...she isnt. her perents are probably angry because your cousin has questioned them, He was 100% right to do this. Sorry this happened to you. It shouldnt even matter about colour, race etc. I have many black friends and I love them dearly, I call them my black sisters...and they Love it LOL :nuts:

So true!

I'd like to know how this couple was even able to get a asian child with this attitude.

I've heard about this girl before, and it seems from her behavior she has a problem with, or is uncomfortable (again there are a lot of nonwhites in our area), nonwhite people.

This comes from her parents.