Rachel Zoe on Cartier

You know....not to be disrespectful to anyone here, but this idea of a "push" present baffles me.

For me, my greatest "push present" was holding my child......truly a miracle......not a piece of jewelry. And I felt the same at my wedding......my greatest wedding gift was my husband....not a "material gift"

I think receiving gifts is fine.......for its own sake.....not because a woman bears a child. That to me is the silliest thing.

Make up ANY excuse to purchase a piece of jewelry....but don't use a child/infant.

^^I think when one has a baby it's a great time to buy something for the new baby lol! So one day he or she could have a piece of jewelry that commemorates their birth and to be able to wear something that shows how excited their parents were to have them. I think it would also be nice if at the same time the mother was given something in conjunction to the child, maybe a locket for them to both have. I disagree with the notion of a "push gift" but I think having something to commemorate the actual child is a lovely idea.

I got them, I don't see a big deal.
I get a gift every year for just being born which is more silly IMO - DH gave me a gift when I had to commemorate such an amazing event for us. My DD will receive my diamond studs he bought me when I delivered her. It's a beautiful tradition for us.

Want to add, some hubbies suck at giving gifts, maybe some women are just excited period that they're getting something besides a mixer on Mother's Day! :biggrin:

Last edited:
http://www.rachelzoe.com/cartier-love-story

Well, have just watched this vid - it annoyed me that there is a massive cartier advert next to the video playing. Rather than listening to her 'story' and her passion about cartier, I felt like I was watching one big advert persuading me to buy cartier.... Just feels like product placement to me. :sad:

Sorry to be negative, I normally love listening to RZ but for some reason, seeing a cartier advert next to the video has irked me

:flowers:

And I don't see Birthdays as silly. These "push presents" after all are to commemorate your childs Birthday are they not?

As I stated, I mean no disrespect, but I've known women who are more excited about "what they'll get" than the actual event/birth.

I'll lighten up. But from someone who's witnessed first hand a new Mom who was more excited in showing me her new diamond bracelet as opposed to me helping her breastfeed her baby (the main reason for my visit)........I take issue with that.

I also had a colleague who demanded her DH run to the LV boutique to get her the bag she wanted as she felt she "deserved" something.

Dunno....................

I think that's the exception don't you?
I've never in my life met a Mom that seemed remotely more interested in her gift than the child. In fact, 9 out of 10 of my friends weren't given anything anyhow.
I just think sometimes people should be less judgmental about stuff.
I got gifts and it was not because my child wasn't "gift" enough.
It was before I'd ever heard of a "push present" and DH wanted to give me something special for having our DD.

You know....not to be disrespectful to anyone here, but this idea of a "push" present baffles me.

For me, my greatest "push present" was holding my child......truly a miracle......not a piece of jewelry. And I felt the same at my wedding......my greatest wedding gift was my husband....not a "material gift"

I think receiving gifts is fine.......for its own sake.....not because a woman bears a child. That to me is the silliest thing.

Make up ANY excuse to purchase a piece of jewelry....but don't use a child/infant.

and the irony that your avatar is that of an engagement ring. Maybe it should be one of a beloved husband instead.

I don't see what's wrong with a push present at all?? I am going to want a push present when I have to give birth, pretty my sure my child will forgive me for using them as an "excuse" to acquire an delicious piece of jewelry

http://www.rachelzoe.com/cartier-love-story

Well, have just watched this vid - it annoyed me that there is a massive cartier advert next to the video playing. Rather than listening to her 'story' and her passion about cartier, I felt like I was watching one big advert persuading me to buy cartier.... Just feels like product placement to me. :sad:

Sorry to be negative, I normally love listening to RZ but for some reason, seeing a cartier advert next to the video has irked me

:flowers:

I agree - I would have loved to hear more about her Cartier watch and panthère ring, instead of a plug for the LOVE collection at the end.

lanier -0T but I just have to tell you how much I love your avatar so cute!

as for the topic, I think a nice piece of jewelry to commemorate the birth of a child is not a bad thing and the idea of passing on the gift to the child is sweet. And I do believe giving birth to a child is hard work. not just the birth but the pregnancy it is at that time that your already start beginning to think of another human being as a part of you and as a priority to you. but I think any thoughtful gesture can be seen as selfish, in another thread, a person was criticized as being "cheap" because they made homemade cards!

I like the idea of a push present. It doesn't compare for one second to the gift of a child, but being pregnant is HARD, and I think it's a nice way for DH to say thank you carrying our child, and when you look at the piece, you can always think of that special time.

The vid was definitely a product placement, but so is her newsletter everyday!

I like the idea of a push present. It doesn't compare for one second to the gift of a child, but being pregnant is HARD, and I think it's a nice way for DH to say thank you carrying our child, and when you look at the piece, you can always think of that special time.

The vid was definitely a product placement, but so is her newsletter everyday!
I agree with your views on "push presents" (I'd never heard of receiving gifts for giving birth before though?)

I think this is more shameless than product placement though. It's plain old promotion instead of subtly showing it to the audience.

I think this is very rude and uncalled for! There are no personal attacks allowed on this forum!

It's not at all rude. Her statement was that her husband and child are much more important to her than a piece of jewelry. I just found it interesting, then, that she chose to showcase an engagement ring- what she called a "material" symbol of the real prize (i.e. her husband)- in her avatar.

Point is, if you are going to be judgmental, don't take offense when someone points out an inconsistancy.