R.I.P. - Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Commits Suicide

YSoLovely

Black Girl Magic
O.G.
Apr 13, 2010

Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging

7/20/2017 11:01 AM PDT

EXCLUSIVE

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide.

The band has had a string of hits over the years, including "Faint," "In the End" and "Crawling." Linkin Park crossed music genres, collaborating with Jay-Z.

The band's album, "Meteroa," was one of the biggest alternative albums in music history.

Bennington was 41.

RIP

Oh my goodness. This is so tragic. :sad:
RIP Chester

RIP. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. I loved Linkin Park's song with Kiiara that was released a few months ago.

Oh no! This is so sad :crybaby:

Linkin Park is one of my all-time favourite bands... so hard to believe this is true... my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends

So so sad. I wish he had gotten the mental help he so clearly needed. Prayers for his kids and wife.

Hybrid Theory is still the only album that I like every single song on. Such a talented guy.

So sad! Six kids?? Damn, that really is a tragedy. My heart goes out to them as they try to cope with this :sad:
I LOVED/LIVED by LP back in my high school days. So much more needs to be done here about suicide prevention and help :sad: