QVC Time! Who's here?

Hi! I just received the Qvc dooney of the month in red-my favorite color. I don’t need it but my name is Julie and the bags name is Juliette, so that’s makes great buying sense right?
Absolutely, I completely agree, if they had a bag in my name I would have to buy it for sure [emoji6] . And the Juliette is a great bag!!!

ok, maybe not as small as I thought at first glance, but I still think the price is no bargain. I thought OTO's were supposed to be a great deal ?

Great deal is a relative term. :smile: The OTO and TSV prices are usually just 'great' if you compare them to QVC's regular price or suggested retail estimate. If you compare them to the discounts we find, or hope to find, at department store sales or Dooney outlets/ILD....then it takes more than a few % off to make us get excited. We are lucky to have lots of shopping options and some deep discount prices, if we have patience.

Great deal is a relative term. :smile: The OTO and TSV prices are usually just 'great' if you compare them to QVC's regular price or suggested retail estimate. If you compare them to the discounts we find, or hope to find, at department store sales or Dooney outlets/ILD....then it takes more than a few % off to make us get excited. We are lucky to have lots of shopping options and some deep discount prices, if we have patience.

You're right! And apparently not many were buying as not one of the colors sold out. Its a cute bag, I just thought the price seemed high for their OTO. I am not really sure why I still watch those shows, I guess its just eye candy, and for a glimpse of something new :smile:

You're right! And apparently not many were buying as not one of the colors sold out. Its a cute bag, I just thought the price seemed high for their OTO. I am not really sure why I still watch those shows, I guess its just eye candy, and for a glimpse of something new :smile:
I watch the shows too. It's a good way to see colors and styles and to get more info on some of the newer items. It's also very relaxing for me to watch the Dooney shows on Q. As for buying Dooney handbags, I usually wait for good discounts, and that means ILD or the outlets generally. Once in a while, Macy's or just recently Belks might have some good sales online.
Easy pay is important to some shoppers, price is important to others. I'm happy there are options for everyone.

I watch the shows too. It's a good way to see colors and styles and to get more info on some of the newer items. It's also very relaxing for me to watch the Dooney shows on Q. As for buying Dooney handbags, I usually wait for good discounts, and that means ILD or the outlets generally. Once in a while, Macy's or just recently Belks might have some good sales online.
Easy pay is important to some shoppers, price is important to others. I'm happy there are options for everyone.
Yes. Belk had a great price on all their Dooney’s including the small Emerson Shannon. I believe it was at least 25% off. I was too tired to get off the couch to fetch my password and order and the next day it was backregular price. I looked all over the site to see how long the price was good for but found nothing...not even in the fine print...so I took my chances. Snooze you loose. I could have saved $75!

Yes. Belk had a great price on all their Dooney’s including the small Emerson Shannon. I believe it was at least 25% off. I was too tired to get off the couch to fetch my password and order and the next day it was backregular price. I looked all over the site to see how long the price was good for but found nothing...not even in the fine print...so I took my chances. Snooze you loose. I could have saved $75!
There will be another sale, there always is. I've learned not to chase the sales. If the timing isn't right, for what ever reason, just let it pass. It's hard not to regret letting the handbag get away, and I have to keep reminding myself there was some good reason I passed on the deal.

Right now I'm looking at the sale of the pebbled domed Bristol satchels on the Dooney site... $199.... that's 40% off. Not bad. But I keep thinking that someday it will be half off at the outlets and maybe I should wait. I do love the Bristol satchel design, so much so that I already have most of the colors I would like in either Florentine leather, Samba leather, or pebbled leather, in one design variation or another. So why am I torturing myself?

Just watched one of the shows from last weekend. Lots of Florentine styles, including a comeback of the medium front pocket satchel.

Also noticing 'new' colors returning ..... Florentine oyster (more bone/very light taupe than the pebbled leather version of oyster) and dusty blue (a true, soft blue). These color were part of the early Florentine collections and I'm delighted to see them back.

It's also great to see a larger number of colors in the Florentine collections, and some of the old and great styles return. Interesting to hear them promoting all the design details of the Florentine medium front pocket satchel.... tassels, whip stitching, pleating, belting.... especially after the more streamlined recent Florentine
styles and the Toscana line. What's old is new again. :smile:

I remember the days when they showed the small Florentine satchel in over a dozen colors. Hopefully they will come back again. If Florentine leather is produced in small batches, then an order from QVC can more than justify producing any/many colors. Dooney collectors are craving Florentine colors.... lavender, crimson, Bordeaux, fuchsia, to name a few. Dusty blue, aqua, pale greens are also in demand.