QVC/HSN anyone

Am addicted to both. Started out as a heavy-duty QVC person (first purchase was an room air freshner!) but have migrated over to HSN. I get Andrew Lessman's vitamins (great stuff) from HSN and makeup from both. Have recently discovered the Elysee brand from HSN and am really liking it. For anyone with "mature" skin, check it out. I have oily skin but this doesn't irritate it and I've noticed a significant difference in the brightness of my skin.

(Ok, commercial over).

i LOVE watching home shopping channels but i almost never buy anything (for the same reason i almost never buy anything online either -- i hate waiting). i used to be completely in the closet about it but recently i've become very vocal about my love of the Q.

when i was little my mom used to watch it in the evenings before going to bed....so i have memories of watching mary beth rowe sell jewelry while cuddling with my mom. now i keep it on in the house for "company." it's always been a comfort thing to me. the hosts are trained to be so conversational and warm. i also love how they can take the ugliest thing and make it sound gorgeous. it's a true talent.

one of my childhood dreams was to be a QVC show host. when i was little i used to stand in front of the bathroom mirror and pretend to sell things in my house (it is SO much harder than it looks!). i still think it would be a pretty fun job.

i LOVE watching home shopping channels but i almost never buy anything (for the same reason i almost never buy anything online either -- i hate waiting). i used to be completely in the closet about it but recently i've become very vocal about my love of the Q. :biggrin:

when i was little my mom used to watch it in the evenings before going to bed....so i have memories of watching mary beth rowe sell jewelry while cuddling with my mom. now i keep it on in the house for "company." it's always been a comfort thing to me. the hosts are trained to be so conversational and warm. i also love how they can take the ugliest thing and make it sound gorgeous. it's a true talent.

one of my childhood dreams was to be a QVC show host. when i was little i used to stand in front of the bathroom mirror and pretend to sell things in my house (it is SO much harder than it looks!). i still think it would be a pretty fun job. :smile:

I almost auditioned a few years ago. All of my friends tease me because I get so excited over things. They thought I'd be perfect for it. :lol: Unfortunately, I had a big meeting at work and couldn't figure out how I would tell my boss I was skipping it to go sell jewelry with Joan Rivers.

i LOVE watching home shopping channels but i almost never buy anything (for the same reason i almost never buy anything online either -- i hate waiting). i used to be completely in the closet about it but recently i've become very vocal about my love of the Q.

Yeah, we're glad you are out the closet!!!!!:yahoo:

one of my childhood dreams was to be a QVC show host. when i was little i used to stand in front of the bathroom mirror and pretend to sell things in my house (it is SO much harder than it looks!). i still think it would be a pretty fun job.

ok, that's just cute!:girlsigh:

That's it! And those ladies actually quack to one another when saying hello and goodbye. I did buy my grandmother a really funky Christmas sweater online though and she loved it. However, she's in her late 70's.

But, I have to ask now... seeing as you brought it up!

Ok, so you know how I've said I like Juicy Couture and 7 jeans? Well I totally lied.... My whole entire closet is filled with Quacker Factory. I am an 84 year old trapped in a 26 year old's body :yahoo:

JK. I just watch a lot of tv... And my mom has this friend who wears all those Quacker Factory suits with rhinestones in the zipper. My mom is like weirdly jealous of this lady's clothes and I think it's hilarious :lol:

I have never bought anything but I love to watch it when I do busy work. My aunt is totally addicted, the last time I housesat for her she had about 10 boxes from QVC delivered in a 3 day span.

I am an 84 year old trapped in a 26 year old's body :yahoo:

JK. I just watch a lot of tv... And my mom has this friend who wears all those Quacker Factory suits with rhinestones in the zipper. My mom is like weirdly jealous of this lady's clothes and I think it's hilarious :lol:

:P Sometimes I feel like I'm a 40 something trapped in a 26 year old's body, w/ all my work responsibilities, mortgage and crazy loan payments, blah, blah, blah. Anyway!

You should buy your mom something! She'd actually probably really like it. It may be one those things she's afraid to buy for herself, but would actually really love...;) Like me, I am hyper organized about somethings. My mom bought me a plastic organizer for bras and underwear w/ little compartments for the drawer. I love that dumb thing, but I'd never buy it for myself b/c I'd look like I was insane.

I love watching HSN when Adrienne Arpel is on. She is so rough with the models and they smile through almost all of the makeup application. It has to hurt them badly.

I've bought some makeup and shoes from QVC.