Quvenzhané Wallis - youngest actress ever to be nominated for Oscar

'I don't want to grow up!' Quvenzhané Wallis opens up about being a multi-award nominated actress at just 11-years-old

Quvenzhané Wallis is well on her way to becoming a screen legend.
The eleven-year-old star, who is the youngest Academy Award Best Actress nominee, recently chatted with Elle magazine about her role as Little Orphan Annie in the updated film adaptation of the classic story.
Also in the January issue of the publication, the Beasts Of The Southern Wild actress grappled with the inevitable reality that she won't be a child forever.
i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/16/2419F88D00000578-0-image-a-23_1418762707062.jpg
Bright future ahead: Quvenzhané Wallis is featured in the pages of the January issue of Elle magazine

'I don't want to grow up, but I know it's not going to last much longer,' she revealed.
Many critics have dubbed Quvenzhané as the next leading child actor and she is surely proving them right.
But the young starlet admitted she has moments where she just wants to act like a kid.
'I feel like I'm five sometimes, because I still enjoy myself,' she said. 'I enjoy what I do.'
i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/16/2419F88600000578-0-image-a-24_1418762826460.jpg
Rising star: The eleven-year-old Academy Award nominee admitted during the interview: 'I don't want to grow up, but I know it's not going to last much longer'

Spoken like a veteran actress she explained: 'I just keep doing what I'm doing and don't ever give up. That's what I like about Annie. If she has goals, she'll finish them, like me. We're both confident.'
And that confidence is what landed her the leading role of the film.
Originally, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith signed on as producers for Annie with plans of their 14-year-old daughter Willow to play the role of the orphan girl, but director Will Gluck had other ideas.
i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/16/23FA18ED00000578-0-image-a-26_1418762848798.jpg
Right up her alley: The Beasts Of The Southern Wild actress landed the role of Annie in the latest film adaptation of the classic story about a little orphan girl

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/16/2418C1D100000578-0-image-m-29_1418762892069.jpg
Not-so hard knock life: Quvenzhané, pictured at the London photocall for the film, beat out Willow Smith for the lead part
The initial requirements Gluck was looking for in the leading lady were: 'someone close to Annie's actual age, 11; someone plucky, smart, and on the hustle; and someone 50 percent hardened and 50 percent endlessly generous with their heart - two things that don't often go together.'
'[Quvenzhané] was dropped down from heaven,' he gushed to Elle about casting her in the film. 'She has a face that can do anything.'
The apparent difference between the past Annie adaptations is that the lead is a Caucasian young woman, however Gluck knew that Quvenzhané was destined to play the part.
Adding: 'We just wanted a modern girl. And when you see the movie, it's not about her race. It's just about a headstrong girl who cares about everyone around her. And that's Quvenzhané.'
i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/16/23DA638B00000578-0-image-m-33_1418762947625.jpg
On her way to legendary stardom: The star's role in Annie has nabbed her multiple nominations including a NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress, Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Young Actress and Golden Globe Award for Best Actress

Gluck wasn't the only one blown away by Quvenzhané's amazing acting abilities, actor Jamie Foxx, her on-screen father Will Stacks, present day 'Daddy' Warbucks, thought so too.
'She brought so much talent and charisma to set,' he proudly told Elle.
'Quvenzhané was made to play this role. I'm convinced it was in her DNA,' he added.
i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/16/23DB826C00000578-0-image-m-27_1418762861155.jpg
Meant to be: Jamie Foxx gushed about his on-screen daughter's acting abilities telling Elle: 'Quvenzhané was made to play this role. I'm convinced it was in her DNA'

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/16/241906A200000578-0-image-m-31_1418762923294.jpg
Father-daughter pair: The duo posed together for photographers at the photocall in London

Her role in Annie has nabbed her multiple nominations including a NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress, Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Young Actress and Golden Globe Award for Best Actress.
Quvenzhané will compete against veteran actors Amy Adams (Big Eyes), Emily Blunt (Into The Woods), Helen Mirren (The Hundred-Foot Journey) and Julianne Moore (Maps To The Stars) at the January 11 Golden Globe ceremony,
Annie will be released in US theaters on December 19 and also stars Cameron Diaz, Rose Byrne and Bobby Cannavale.
i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/16/241A29B700000578-0-image-a-35_1418762969898.jpg

Soon-to-be hit: Annie will be released in US theaters on December 19 and also stars Cameron Diaz, Rose Byrne and Bobby Cannavale

I think she is cute too and I hope this does well for her and the cast. My family and I are all going to see it opening weekend. It looks like good, clean fun for all. Additionally, they all seem to genuinely like each other and had fun making it. I don't mind remakes if they are done well. Congrats to her on the award noms too! Get it, Q

Remakes aren't always a fail. There's a remake of Miracle on 34th Street with Mara Wilson that I thought was just as good as the original. There's a whole new generation of kids ready for "Annie". I admit, if I am ever blessed with children I will make sure they see "mommy's version" too, there are lots of my childhood classics I will share with them. But I'm looking forward to this one, hope it's good!

Quvenzhané Wallis Named the Face of Armani Junior - See Her Campaign Shot!

Quvenzhané Wallis is totally airborne as the new face of Armani Junior’s Spring/Summer 2015 campaign.
The 11-year-old Annie star has been having an amazing month so far! Along with her film Annie hitting theaters, she also received a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actress and a Critics Choice Award nomination for her role in the movie musical, and now, she’s been named the face of Armani Junior!
Be sure to check out Annie, which is in theaters now and also stars Jamie Foxx, Cameron Diaz, Rose Byrne and more.

quvenzhane-wallis-armani-junior-campaign-01.jpg