Quoting the Same Picture Multiple Times in a Thread

Jan 28, 2007
I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this, and it especially happens in the celebrity section, but a picture is quoted many upon many times by different people and is very frustrating to scroll down one page and see the same enormous picture 10 times in a row (ie. people saying they love her outfit, another poster loves it, too, someone loves the shoes in that picture, etc...). It slows down my browsing... is there any way to control this? Am I the only one who notices this? I guess I may have also been guilty of this at one time or another, but I'm trying to be more conscious of this now... maybe if we could try not to repost the same exact picture if it is very close by? I can understand if it's a picture a few pages back, but I feel like there is no need to keep quoting the same pictures again and again all in a row. Just curious, thank you! :smile:

Annoying isn't it? Same goes for quoting entire posts that contain long amounts of text. It's so simple to edit out everything but the relevant portion you're responding to.

Other boards have policies against this and Mods will act to edit or caution the member.

I think also that some people don't know how to quote without the pictures.

Personally, I don't think its that big a deal. I just keep scrolling. The Mods may come along and tidy it up abit, but all forums are different.

^^ I'm not sure if there is a special way, but I just click the picture after I quote the message and hit delete. It may not be a big deal for you, but it takes up a lot of space on my own computer and slows me down. It's also annoying to have to keep scrolling and see the same picture over and over again for the entire length of the page. I'm willing to bet it also uses a lot more bandwidth on the forum. I just didn't know if there was a way to control it for my own personal settings while still being able to see the original picture.

exotikittenx, I totally get what you are saying.

However, there is another forum I sometimes visit where mods remove the quoted images and that, on the other hand, makes it difficult to understand what picture the poster is referring to! So, for example, instead of quoting the picture and saying, "wow, love the shoes, can anyone ID" the same post now comes quoting image 1234.jpg

So if anyone wants to help this person ID the shoes they need to go pages back and look at the names of each picture to figure out which one 1234.jpg refers to!

Hope this makes sense :blush:

I see what you're saying, spoiled. That wouldn't be very helpful, either. I wish people would just use more common sense, lol. I think it's fine to quote a picture that was not recent or several pages back, but I see pictures quoted all in a row over and over again all too frequently. I think it's just excessive.

OMG I hate it when this happens.

That happens all the time in Vernilovers thread too. If its necessary to quote the OP at least pull out the pics in the quote LOL!

When it is excessive I just click out cause I cant stand the constant scrolling...Frustrating! It amazes me too how many people do it.

There is a way where I can disable the tag for quotes and turn it into a URL, instead. Downside of this is, that even if you have a legitimate, single picture that you want to quote, it will still not show up.

Probably a good idea to implement, still.

I dont have a problem with my browsing or my comp slowing down

yes it can be a tad bit annoying but what i do, dont know if this will help you but i when i see someone has posted new pics say on page 56 i just skip ahead two pages because it's usually pics of the same thing. If i see i missed something i just go back one page.

since i have been doing that i dont have that problem anymore =)

Downside of this is, that even if you have a legitimate, single picture that you want to quote, it will still not show up.

True, but you could always re-post that one picture using the image tags outside the quote box.

One thing to keep in mind -- on boards like this, not everyone is 'techie' enough to understand the issue or any work arounds.

True, but you could always re-post that one picture using the image tags outside the quote box.

One thing to keep in mind -- on boards like this, not everyone is 'techie' enough to understand the issue or any work arounds.
Right. I think it is due to this lack of experience that the nuisance of multiple images quoted happens to begin with.

I'll see what I can do.