"quote of the day"

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. "Everything happens for a reason"

2. I put new quotes under on my email signature at work and this is the latest greatest:
    “If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.”

3. The one in my sig.

4. I'm hoping this would work for me.

"What doesn't kill you only make you stronger."

5. The one in my signature!

6. This too will pass.. Everything must pass....

7. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

8. "Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier." - Samuel Johnson

9. My fave one is by Richard Dawkins, but it may offend some people so I won't post it. I like a lot of Carl Sagan quotes, particularly this one:

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

10. Well, I do like this passage from Adrian Rogers:

You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it. You don't multiply wealth by dividing it. Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else. Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving it.

I also am a sucker for the Eleanor Roosevelt quote already mentioned:

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

11. I'm at work right now, the system I use shows a new quote every now and then, this is the one appearing on my screen right now.

Our pleasures are imagined, but our griefs are all real.

Fame is a magnifying glass.

12. "It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission."
    -Grace Hopper

13. This is great!

14. I think this is very profound.