Quotations and Discount

joey90

Mar 27, 2014
Hi, I was wondering, the prices that are quoted by the clinics are not the final price right. So for those who had done your procedures, were you given discounts during price negotiation and how much were you discounted for??

Also, my friend told me that for foreigners were needed to pay 10% cosmetic tax as well that was exclusively for foreigners... is this true???

My boyfriend (who is korean) browsed through naver websites and researched for me, apparently there's this thing where you can tell the doctor/clinic that you know this person and that person introduced you to this clinic and they would give you discount. Not sure if it is true tho but it seems quite true because my boyfriend did lasik and got a discount this way. I think korea is all about connections in my opinion.

But yes, paying by cash will highly likely avoid the 10% tax as well as lowering the price. Try to bargain!

Since I've emailed a few clinics in english and that they have given me foreigner quotations/prices. My boyfriend thought it was quite priced compared to korean pricing. So for the fun of it, we decided to email in korean to their korean email website of different clinics to see if we can get korean quotation pricing in that way as well as adding that you knew someone that did ps in their clinic.

Last edited:
Please do provide us the korean pricing if they replied u, thanks!

My boyfriend (who is korean) browsed through naver websites and researched for me, apparently there's this thing where you can tell the doctor/clinic that you know this person and that person introduced you to this clinic and they would give you discount. Not sure if it is true tho but it seems quite true because my boyfriend did lasik and got a discount this way. I think korea is all about connections in my opinion.

But yes, paying by cash will highly likely avoid the 10% tax as well as lowering the price. Try to bargain!

Since I've emailed a few clinics in english and that they have given me foreigner quotations/prices. My boyfriend thought it was quite priced compared to korean pricing. So for the fun of it, we decided to email in korean to their korean email website of different clinics to see if we can get korean quotation pricing in that way as well as adding that you knew someone that did ps in their clinic.