quilting de puff?! please help!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i bought this bag, i think a month ago? and i haven't used it till now. am i just being paranoid or did the quilting seem to be a bit de-puffed? it is brand new too!! I'm kinda sad that it might actually did de puff. please help!! has anyone stored their lambskin in the box lying down for a month? is there a way to puff up the quilts again if my bag did de puff?

Attached Files:

2. It was probably like this when you bought it. I've owned several lambskin flaps over the years and never known them to depuff.

3. I don't see any issues here

Some flaps are just puffier than others but I see nothing wrong in yours

Very pretty flap!!

4. it looks fine... but since you haven't used it in a month maybe it just looks different to you now, several weeks later? lamb bags can and do de-puff, but it takes a very long time.. you mostly see flat puffs among the vintage flaps. but you can't re-puff them .. best thing is proper care and storage.. and that starts with standing it upright for storage:smile:

5. I wouldn't recommend storing your bags in a closed box. My mom used to do this until she opened up to a purse filled with mold. She's in Northern California so there isn't a humidity problem per se, but moisture in general does get captured inside the box and can spawn nasty things over time. Just FYI