Quilted jacket: Copford or Ashurst?

Hi,
Please help me make a decision. I can't make up my mind on which jacket to get. It would be my first Burberry jacket.
It seem that these are very similar. Ashurst has epaulets, more structured back and black buttons. Where Copford has metallic buttons at the front, on the belt and sleeves.
I would appreciate your help!

Ashurst:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Copford:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

e2bc.jpg

Reactions: shiv96
I have not tried the Ashurst but have the Copford. I have had it now for a couple of years and find it a very useful smart-casual spring/autumn jacket. One of the reasons I chose this design is that the belt at the back is adjustable with the buttons. So if I want to wear more layers underneath, I can let out the back buttons to fit comfortably but still retain shape and style.

I have not seen/tried on the Copford in person, but I did try the Ashurst on a few weeks ago in Navy at the Burberry store. I originally tried on a small and it fit perfectly, but I also tried on a medium because I prefer to have a little more room in my jackets in case I want to wear thicker sweaters. Even though the jacket was roomier by sizing up (and there were no buttons in the back), the fit of the Ashurst was tailored nonetheless. It still gives a great shape and accentuates the waist :tup: I also found that the black horn buttons look beautiful in person, especially against the navy color. Very simple, yet eye-catching.

I think ultimately, it comes down to whether or not you really want (or need) the buttons in the back of the jacket, since that is the prominent difference. Unlike the poster above, I've never really found myself adjusting a jacket using buttons around the waist, so it's more of a cosmetic feature for me that I'd be willing to forego. I would definitely recommend trying on the Copford in person if you can. Sometimes having buttons in the back can be uncomfortable, especially when you're sitting with your back pressed against a chair for long periods of time.

I hope this helps! I'm also planning to buy my first Burberry jacket soon (the Ashurst) so do let us know what you decide! :smile:

I just bought the copford jacket and love it. I haven't tried the ashurst but they are very similar. Burberry outlets seem to carry the copford so you may be able to get a good deal.

Did you ever decide on which to get?

I have neither, but I did purchase the Ashurst last year only to return it. For some reason I just wasn't 100% in love with it. I really love the look of the Copford, but of course it wasn't available then and still isn't showing up on the websites. I'm going to check out the Burberry Outlet in hopes of finding it there.

Nordstrom has another similar style called the Frankby. It looks to be a cross between the Ashurst and the Copford. It has the extra button details as the Copford, but the buttons are black like the Ashurst instead of a dark gunmetal color. Looks nice on the website.

_101670412.jpg

_101827708.jpg