Quilted in Argyle *Pic*

tabbyco

Shh....
O.G.
Jun 5, 2006
I have the opportunity to buy this bag.... I think the color is beautiful and I love the quilted, but have two concerns about the bag:
1) Can I get it on my shoulder? I can wear my city on my shoulder (not comfortably, but I can force it there).
2) Will the bag smoosh or collapse under my arm and lay down somewhat flat?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Quilted Argyle.jpg
    Quilted Argyle.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 249
I tried this bag at Selfridges before and I could get it over my shoulder a little bit more comfy than the City - but only just :Push:

The bag will go flat when it is on your shoulder and you push your arm down on it but when you carry it in the hand or crook of the arm I think it will keep its shape :yes:

It is a lovely looking bag :love:

Perhaps someone who actually owns a matelasse can help more :flowers:

Hi there,
I just returned this same bag in black. To answer your questions, yes it will fit on the shoulder, and even flatten out a bit. But unlike the city, it is a much boxier shape, so it doesn't really look great on the shoulder (that is of course, just my opinion and experience). The color by the way, is awesome!

Ooooh ... I like it in this color!!!!

As you can see by my Avatar, I have the small Black Matelasse.

It can fit on the shoulder, but most folks either hand-carry it or carry it on the lower arm. If you do want to carry this on your shoulder, I would definitely recommend that you stick to the smaller size as this style is very boxy. The large size is very big and, in my opinion, would not be comfortable if carried on the shoulder.

O, one more thing.. I am carrying my speedy 30 right now. Would you say that the size is similiar?

Compare and contrast... (just kidding, I sound like a teacher):smartass: