quilted cities what do people think?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don't know if someone mentioned this before but I saw something called a "quilted city" in Bal Las vegas and thought they were so cool/unusual, they have kind of raised swirls on them which were padded. I didn't see it in any other Bal store only the Las vegas one and wondered if anyone else had seen one?:shrugs:

There is one listed on ebay today (don't know if real or not) and this is what reminded me.
    I was kind of liking the texture as it felt really nice IRL, but am not 100% sure as you don't get to see the natural texture of the leather, which is what Bal is all about.
    What are people thinking about this style?

2. You mean the smocked collection. Those are very cool imo.

3. If by quilted you mean the Matelasse, then yes, love!

If you mean smocked, then no. Serious dislike for me. It looks like a skin disease.

4. :lol: I have to agree with RERE on this one. I'm definitely not a fan. It just looks icky, sorry. :yucky: But I have not seen it IRL (just the one on ebay). Maybe it looks better IRL. :shrugs:

5. skin disease :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

I agree!

6. That's funny!

I don't know if it is called the "smocked",could be? the one on ebay said "quilted city" that's where I copied the name from.

I saw one in Galet and I actually did quite like it because it wasn't shiny at all and very soft,it looked a bit like bubble wrap, my boyfriend wasn't overally keen either so maybe just me who likes them:smile:

7. ^^ To each their own.

If its the same one that was released half a year to a year ago (do a search on tpf for "smocked balenciaga") its called Smocked, not quilted.

I have never seen it in Galet though, just black and a pink color. Forgot which pink it is.

Quilted should be the Matelasse which is divine!

Edit - here's a couple threads on what I'm thinking you're talking about. However, there is this Galet messenger quilted bag that another pfer bought (forgot who) and it is SO SO DIVINE. Like a pillow of gray! Hers was definitely quilted, not 'smocked.'

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-style-reference/the-balenciaga-smocked-bags-464856.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/smocked-balenciaga-bag-love-it-hate-it-seen-441217.html

8. not a fan myself.....

9. Hey thanks for posting links, that's the bag, you are right.
    I hadn't ever seen one before, I kind of thought "smocked" implied it would be made of cloth for some reason?
    I still kind of like it, even if people think it's ugly;)

10. ^^ My pleasure!

If you like it, then more power to you. Individuality is to be embraced, right?

Go for it! I have always wondered how it would break-in; if it even would, lol.

11. I don't like them but they do look better IRL just because you can appreciate the workmanship.

12. Oh me.....that is just awful! I haven't seen it IRL anywhere, but don't think that would help. Just my opinion. :yucky::yucky::yucky:

13. They have a few on sale in my local bal boutique, they are ok. I dont love em or hate them but I wouldnt buy it.

14. I would love them to make them with giant hardware, then I would buy a city