Quilted caviar woc - can't find shw. Should I go for gold??

Jun 2, 2014
I am dying for a quilted caviar woc. I was hoping for one in black with shw. Despite contacting every salesperson everywhere, I haven't been able to locate one. I am on many waiting lists, but have no idea how long I may have to wait. I have come across some black caviar wocs with ghw, so perhaps I should go for one of those? Decisions, decisions :smile:
Ladies with wocs: what hardware did you choose and why?

I always choose gold when it comes to black. Silver I like with red, but black with gold all the way!!! It's more elegant, classic and warm. Black and silver is too "cold" if you know what I mean :smile:

I am dying for a quilted caviar woc. I was hoping for one in black with shw. Despite contacting every salesperson everywhere, I haven't been able to locate one. I am on many waiting lists, but have no idea how long I may have to wait. I have come across some black caviar wocs with ghw, so perhaps I should go for one of those? Decisions, decisions :smile:
Go with what you love. Both ghw and shw looks great with the quilted caviar so can't go wrong with either. You may get addicted to your WOC and want another so in the future you can get different hardware. Caviar with shw is now also a classic so you'll see more of both ghw and shw WOCs. Other styles are also coming out each season like the boy caviar WOC so lots to choose from!

Go with what you love. Both ghw and shw looks great with the quilted caviar so can't go wrong with either. You may get addicted to your WOC and want another so in the future you can get different hardware. Caviar with shw is now also a classic so you'll see more of both ghw and shw WOCs. Other styles are also coming out each season like the boy caviar WOC so lots to choose from!

I am sure the woc will be a favorite bag for me. I have 3 little kiddies and need my hands free!

Don't compromise. Get what you truly want. Watch the "authentic finds" thread, as there are often WOC's posted, as well as in the WOC thread that's not on the shopping board here. Also, contact Hirshleifers and see if they have any coming in. Stick with what you want and don't settle.

I'm a true fan of GHW, but I love unique pieces as well. While I would have loved my patent WOC to have GHW, it's a very dark silver that matches the bag. I do find myself hiding the chain more often though!

Get what you want. If it takes a while, that's all part of the fun!

**I would also edit this post to add that I wasn't even a fan of WOCs until the Chanel forum hipped me to them. I thought they were too small and wouldn't be of much use. I'm glad I got it!

Last edited:
I went with silver for my lamb WOC. I had the option of matte gold which I loved and its more modern than shiny gold but I like my Chanel's with silver for some reason. I think Chanel's are super classy/dressy as it is so silver tones of down a bit. Depends what your lifestyles like and its all about preference. I have lots of other black non-chanel bags with ghw, but for some reason silver or rhw are my fave for Chanel. Right now... Will get matte gold in the future though. :smile:

Don't compromise. Get what you truly want. Watch the "authentic finds" thread, as there are often WOC's posted, as well as in the WOC thread that's not on the shopping board here. Also, contact Hirshleifers and see if they have any coming in. Stick with what you want and don't settle.

+1

totally agree. I settled for the ghw. all my bags from chanel are black caviar with shw. But i couldnt find the shw with the black caviar woc. I thought it would be fine cos i thought what i really wanted was the black caviar quilted woc (I already have the classic caviar woc with shw). But I've only had it for 4 months - only used it 5 times and im selling it....the gold jsut doesnt suit my style.

I would wait, although i prefer ghw on chanel x

Will probably take 2-3 months. I have a SHW (Timeless CC) and I love it. But I think GHW is great too. :smile:

Omg - my day has come :smile:
happened to contact another SA thanks to someone on tpf, and just got a message that they received a new shipment yesterday and they have a caviar woc for me with SHW!!!
Will post a reveal later in the week. Thanks for all the amazing advice!