Quick Zygoma Reduction

kplove

Feb 8, 2014
If anyone knows clinics that does quick zygoma like TLPS does, please post here. I have been looking around and I found that a majority of the clinics are cutting the bones all the way for 3d zygoma.

kplove,

May I ask why you would prefer quick zygoma over the regular one? I know the recover time is short, is there any other benefit? I need a good reduction and don't mind the recovery time..

kplove,

May I ask why you would prefer quick zygoma over the regular one? I know the recover time is short, is there any other benefit? I need a good reduction and don't mind the recovery time..

The TLPS version of the quick zygoma makes an incomplete fracture in the zygoma and manipulates it for you to get a smaller width. Since the fracture is incomplete, this is why the recovery time is less. But also, sutures are not required and there is a lesser chance of sagging since the tissues aren't as disrupted. I'm also not looking for a dramatic change, so it is the best for me.

If anyone knows clinics that does quick zygoma like TLPS does, please post here. I have been looking around and I found that a majority of the clinics are cutting the bones all the way for 3d zygoma.
I looked around and it seems that The line does it for a little less than TLPS. At TLPS it is 5.5m. At The Line, it is 4.9m.

There are other "quick zygoma reductions" but these make straight cuts through the zygoma and have the least appealing outcomes.

If you want the zygoma reduction and want the most dramatic change and minimized sagging risk, I suggest you ask your doc if they perform an L shaped osteotomy on the zygoma. If they say that method is wrong, please move on.

I looked around and it seems that The line does it for a little less than TLPS. At TLPS it is 5.5m. At The Line, it is 4.9m.

There are other "quick zygoma reductions" but these make straight cuts through the zygoma and have the least appealing outcomes.

If you want the zygoma reduction and want the most dramatic change and minimized sagging risk, I suggest you ask your doc if they perform an L shaped osteotomy on the zygoma. If they say that method is wrong, please move on.
Could you explain why L shape specifically please?

I learned that braun also has a quick version of zygoma reduction.

Quick zygoma is any zygoma reduction with incomplete or no fixation of the Zygoma. TLPS/The Line method is cut in such a way that the zygoma cannot be fixated due to the area that the incomplete cut is made.

Other places may cut the bones all the way (completely) and push them in, no fixation. Or they only fixate one side of the zygoma. The mastication muscles should in theory keep them in place. But with little or no fixation, the risk for complication increases, especially when people aren't careful and don't listen to their doctor's instructions.

I decided to give myself another year to decide, while I do nose and genioplasty this summer.

My friend has done quick zygoma reduction at TL PS in early April, and she is already very satisfied with it. I think also good thing about Quick reduction is fast recovery.

But the thing is that doctor said quick zygoma reduction is only effective for patients who has wide width of midface. If you have wide face only from front, then quick zygoma reduction will be effective. but if you have big zygoma all the way( like they say 45 degree zygoma ), you will need to get 3D zygoma reduction..

I m planning to do zygoma reduction in korea this summer and interested in this method of reducing my cheek bone but i can't find much info abt this surgery ...(maybe it's a rather new way of doing it?)

i would like to ask laka, if u know how long did the swelling last after the surgery (base on ur friend's case) I m planning to stay for 10 days and want to know if the swelling would completely gone down (or maybe half way down) within this period.....(I didn't tell my family abt my plan.....) thank-you:smile:)

My friend has done quick zygoma reduction at TL PS in early April, and she is already very satisfied with it. I think also good thing about Quick reduction is fast recovery.

But the thing is that doctor said quick zygoma reduction is only effective for patients who has wide width of midface. If you have wide face only from front, then quick zygoma reduction will be effective. but if you have big zygoma all the way( like they say 45 degree zygoma ), you will need to get 3D zygoma reduction..
Can your friend share her/his pictures?

She only had swelling for 3 days and after that severe swelling has gone, and when I saw her back home, (It was a week after the surgery day), she doesn't have any swelling.
Maybe there were swelling but her bone is reduced so I couldn't realize at all.
and after one more week I could be able to see the actual effect of the surgery. It's really natural in a good way, It's not dramatic in a bad way..
She doesn't want something obvious, and she was scared of big surgery, and Fortunately
her case was applicable to Quick zygoma reduction, So she chose it, and she is happy.haha

Thank-you for your reply laka:smile:))
I was only planning to do lipo on my tights and love handle but when l i saw and understand more about quick zygoma reduction (i was attracted by the fast recovery part and the minor adjustment rather than making the whole cheek angle disappear.) I really want to do it.
At this point, i m 100% sure i will do lipo in july. (my pear sharp body have always been my major concern:nogood:)
I want to do quick zygoma reduction as well but i don't know if I can do both lipo and zygoma reduction tgt and also, TL PS wouldn't/haven't answer my email......
Would doing both lipo and zygoma tgt be dangerous......? idk

Reactions: miknarek