Quick! Violet available on line at LVR

Thanks for helping to clear that up lovelygarments!! So far.. I've not received any bill for anything. I did have to just fill out a form and signature and fax to FEDEX Trade Networks for the bag to clear customs.. again... no mention of fees from them.

ALSO>>>> I've gotten LOTS of questions today regarding the prices on the LVR site..

When I ordered on August 1.. the LVR price for the Violet giant work was 1079.17 EURO and that is what I paid....apparently I got a good deal - because in checking the website today -
the prices are higher.... I don't know why... don't know if those prices fluctuate somehow.. or if there was a planned price increase or what! If someone has an answer .. please chime in...
LVR's price seems to be the same once you add it to your bag, it will subtract the vat euro taexes from your total. The only thing the fluctuates is the exchange rate.

LVR doesn't have anything to do with duty fees. That is something that our government does. Fedex enforces the fees, collects the $$ for our government. I have gone to the government website and tried to understand the %% for customs duty, but it might as well be in Latin, as far as I'm concerned. It is very complicated, and there are different %% for different types of material, i.e., leather, cotton, fur, etc. If you are under $1,000.00, sometimes you can skate through w/o getting a bill for duty. :smile:

I am in the UK not the US but can tell you that Fedex and DHL are always very scrupulous about billing you for Customs charges from any seller who sounds like a company. With the postal service or other shipping companies you have more chance of escape. Fedex Customs bills come in the post, without any signs on the parcel, and often quite a few weeks later.

I think that there is something in the LVR FAQs that says they are not responsble for your country's import taxes. That is standard practice, including for many of the more sussed Ebay sellers.

In the UK, the Customs fees vary according to how the thing is shipped. Some companies collect the genuine tax but also levy their own processing fees as well. Therefore you can get a big bill for a low cost item.

Such fun!!! I am ordering from LVR rather than Diabro or Aloha Rag because they are in the EU and I won't get stung for tax. It is a relief for once!!!!!!!!

I'm in the US, and I love LVR - the prices are not that much different as compared to the U.S., even when you include the duty. They ship so fast! And I'm happy for your girls in Great Britain! From what I hear, your country really nails you for duty - we don't have anywhere near that problem in the U.S. And with regard to duty, on some of my smaller orders from LVR (around $1,000.00) I haven't been charged duty. On orders around $5,000, I am charged duty. I have had different experiences, (all of which I don't want to share publicly), but it has been a pleasant surprize at times!

before they ship out your item, do you have to fax fedex first? i don't have a fax machine! i dont want to use a fax machine at work!
help!

Because I'd never had anything shipped from overseas to me.. I had to fill out a form for clearing customs.. and it had to have a signature... You could either Scan it on a computer and e-mail it back... or fax it. I don't have a home fax either.. so I went to a Post Net and paid $2 to have it faxed from there!

I just ordered a purple Part-Time from LVR and had to fill out form before they could send to me in NC...The lady at Fed Ex said she didn't think I'd have to pay anything...We'll see...I'll let you know...:girlsigh:

I just ordered a purple Part-Time from LVR and had to fill out form before they could send to me in NC...The lady at Fed Ex said she didn't think I'd have to pay anything...We'll see...I'll let you know...:girlsigh:

I haven't heard anything from FedEX and i ordered my part time from LVR on Aug.9. Girlfriend, did FedEx contact you via phone or emai?
I know for sure that they will have to contact me regarding my bag clearing customs and all...im worried! I've had things shipped to me internationally via FedEx (for a pair of Chanel glasses in Spain), but never had to sign any customs papers, so would that mean I will not have to sign or fax customs papers?

help! :confused1: