Arts & Crafts Quick sewing/alteration question

sparksfly

O.G.
Feb 3, 2012
Bought this backless dress where the sides stop right under the armpit. I realized that the straps are a tad too big and causing the sides to not sit on the skin correctly. I feel like it'll show my bra and the straps are gonna fall off, if I make certain movements.

How would you do a DIY alteration? It's such a small project I want to do it on my own, but the straps are so thin I don't wanna screw up.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404956639.237184.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404956648.792469.jpg

I'd play around w/ pinning/clipping a small amount under the arm and then clipping/pinning a small amount on the front of the dress where it attaches to the bust to see which way it lays best.
Do you sew at all?

I'd play around w/ pinning/clipping a small amount under the arm and then clipping/pinning a small amount on the front of the dress where it attaches to the bust to see which way it lays best.
Do you sew at all?

Yes I sew some. I've been trying to get more into it.

I actually safety pinned the straps to under the armpit. That way the safety pin is more hidden.

They were on pretty tight and if I bent over to pick something up the strap slipped off.