Quick sewing/alteration question

sparksfly

Feb 3, 2012
Bought this backless dress where the sides stop right under the armpit. I realized that the straps are a tad too big and causing the sides to not sit on the skin correctly. I feel like it'll show my bra and the straps are gonna fall off, if I make certain movements.

How would you do a DIY alteration? It's such a small project I want to do it on my own, but the straps are so thin I don't wanna screw up.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404956639.237184.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404956648.792469.jpg

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I'd play around w/ pinning/clipping a small amount under the arm and then clipping/pinning a small amount on the front of the dress where it attaches to the bust to see which way it lays best.
Do you sew at all?

sparksfly

Feb 3, 2012
I'd play around w/ pinning/clipping a small amount under the arm and then clipping/pinning a small amount on the front of the dress where it attaches to the bust to see which way it lays best.
Do you sew at all?

Yes I sew some. I've been trying to get more into it.

I actually safety pinned the straps to under the armpit. That way the safety pin is more hidden.

They were on pretty tight and if I bent over to pick something up the strap slipped off.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
That's going to happen no matter what I think. You could use double sided tape in places if possible?