Quick Sabrina latch question

NewCoachQueen

Birkin or bust...
Aug 2, 2009
Good evening all! and Happy Friday to everyone.
I had a quick question. On Sabrina, the latchy thing that keeps the shoulderbag a satchel--do you latch out or in, meaning: is the open part of the dog leash facing away from the bag or towards it?

Just curious. I have 2 of them, not used yet, and I noticed one is one way one is the other, and I was wondering what the recommended presentation is, does it matter, is it prone to damage or snag if it faces out, will it scratch facing in...

I know, odd question.

I latch it out because I worry the trigger to open the clasp would rub against the leather and cause wear. Not sure if this is a legitimate worry, but that's how I do it.

Hmm. Never thought about it either. Once I took the strap out of the loops underneath and attached them to the hardware, I haven/t touched them since and I have used them a ton, both as a satchel and as a shoulder bag. No issues.

Since they swivel I'd think you could try and keep it one way, but surely it's going to move around on it's own over time. I never paid any attention to mine, most likely because I only carry it as a satchel!!!