Quick Sabrina latch question

NewCoachQueen

Birkin or bust...
Aug 2, 2009
Good evening all! and Happy Friday to everyone.
I had a quick question. On Sabrina, the latchy thing that keeps the shoulderbag a satchel--do you latch out or in, meaning: is the open part of the dog leash facing away from the bag or towards it?

Just curious. I have 2 of them, not used yet, and I noticed one is one way one is the other, and I was wondering what the recommended presentation is, does it matter, is it prone to damage or snag if it faces out, will it scratch facing in...

I know, odd question.

nelicquele

Aug 5, 2009
I latch it out, though sometimes the clip ends up facing left. And I don't think it would matter, I never noticed any damage done to the hardware.

Hope that helps. :sweatdrop:

cz22

O.G.
Jan 4, 2009
I latch it out because I worry the trigger to open the clasp would rub against the leather and cause wear. Not sure if this is a legitimate worry, but that's how I do it.

NorthStar

Let's go WILD!
Mar 10, 2008
Minnesota Native, Ohio Resident
Hmm. Never thought about it either. Once I took the strap out of the loops underneath and attached them to the hardware, I haven/t touched them since and I have used them a ton, both as a satchel and as a shoulder bag. No issues.

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Since they swivel I'd think you could try and keep it one way, but surely it's going to move around on it's own over time. I never paid any attention to mine, most likely because I only carry it as a satchel!!!

oh reverie

♪ ♫ ♪
Jan 18, 2009
Never thought about this before, how interesting LOL! Seems like I'm an innie. :P

Mar 13, 2009
I don't usually pay attention to how I latch them because I baby my bag so much.
ITA! Same here. I'll just latch it and if it locks, I'll leave it be. I usually dont pay attention to where the latch is facing. But had no idea that it might cause wear to the bag. Interesting topic! :tup: