Quick reveal

allsaint

O.G.
Dec 16, 2007
Got this package today... A SP2010 large single in black :yahoo:

The leather is incredibly soft and a little shiny... I took a quick picture but it really does not do the bag justice...

I wanted an embossed leather large single in the past... but now I am totally in love with this baby.. :love:

A little worried about the lamb skin though... do they hold up well? Anyone who have experience with MJ lamb skin bags please kindly chime in..

attachment.php

Attachments

• MJLargeSingle.jpg
    MJLargeSingle.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 224
it's beautiful - what a wonderful find!!
I have several MJ bags made from lamb's leather - including a Lg Single from F09 - and they've held up and worn wonderfully. In fact, the lamb's leather from F09 is probably a little bit more delicate that the lamb's leather used now. The leather now is more textured & finished - it's coated which provides a little more protection from scratches, scuffs and general wear, whereas the lamb's leather bags from F09 were a little softer & smoother and less textured, which may make them more prone to wear, scuffs, scratches (altho I've experienced none of the above!)

You might try spraying it lightly with an all weather leather protector (i.e., Apple Guard, Wilson's, Kiwi, etc) or apply a light coating of a conditioner (i.e., Cadillac) which may help prevent water/oil stains, scratches, scuffs, etc. But I wouldn't worry about it too much -- there haven't been many complaints about wear to the Lg Singles, and it's been a pretty popular bag ever since it was first released.

Congrats on your large Single! It looks wonderful on you! I purchased one myself last month and only used it for the first time this past weekend. Enjoy using the Single!

congrats! it looks PERFECT on you - seriously!!!

i have the same one (not sure of season - i haven't looked yet :blush:) - it's the perfect small(ish) bag!

Iluv, thank you so much for the information on the leather. The leather on this bag is more shiny than older versions I saw at Bloomingdales, I think (but not 100% sure). I am so in :love: