Quick question!!!

Mar 8, 2006
Thanks in advance for advice....I have sold on Ebay, but am mostly a buyer. 3 weeks ago, I bought a pair of shoes from a lovely Ebayer who has about the same amount of feedback as me ( a little over 100), and looks like she also just sells occasionally.
She shipped the shoes to me in HK via USPS (through Paypal), but I have still not recieved them, and the package has never been able to be tracked. SHe told me a few days ago that she had contacted the Post Office to track the package, so my question is how long do I wait before I request a refund?? And if so, what is the best way to go about doing that??? I would like to be reasonable, as she has been very good about e-mails and questions so far.......

Anne! Where have you been!?:search: I was thinking about you yesterday, have I just missed your posts somehow?

OK, back to topic.
File w/ Paypal and eBay now, you can always close the case if you get the item.
But DO NOT wait as you'll eventually run out of time to do it and miss the window altogether.

Hi Swanky...I have not been posting as much because I have been SO BUSY with my kiddos!!!! I do get on and browse for a few minutes everyday though!!!
Should I contact the seller first, and let her know what is going on??? Should I wait a few more days for her to hear from the Post Office??? What is my window of opportunity??? Thanks, and sorry for all the questions!

Paypal deadline to file a claim is 45 days from the date of payment. So keep an eye out for that, if it goes over 45 days you won't be able to file through paypal but may be able to file through your credit card company. Sometimes global mail is slow, as a seller I only send packages using usps global priority or global express. My international buyers usually receive their items within 3-10 days. How was your item sent?

Your seller may have sent your package by regular international mail by boat and that could take 4 to 6 weeks for a buyer to receive it. You can ask your seller to refund you and if the package comes, then you'll re-make payment for it. I hope the item in question isn't too pricy. Keep track of your deadlines. Good Luck!