Quick question! What should I do?

3DCC

Member
Nov 23, 2010
130
148
Texas
I'm wanting to know what everyone thinks I should do. I'm not much of a Kelly dog bracelet lover (or really I never paid much attention to them) and I'm more into CDCs, but I was offered both a fuchsia gator CDC PHW and a gator graphite KD PHW from my Hermes SA, should I buy them? How hard is it to come by these two bracelets, and if I pass them up, will I have a hard time finding them later on if I begin to like KDs. I already have a KD extreme in black with PHW, so I passed on the KD because I thought they were somewhat similar to me. Your opinions and advice are much appreciated.
 

whimsic

Member
Sep 1, 2011
2,596
193
3DCC said:
I'm wanting to know what everyone thinks I should do. I'm not much of a Kelly dog bracelet lover (or really I never paid much attention to them) and I'm more into CDCs, but I was offered both a fuchsia gator CDC PHW and a gator graphite KD PHW from my Hermes SA, should I buy them? How hard is it to come by these two bracelets, and if I pass them up, will I have a hard time finding them later on if I begin to like KDs. I already have a KD extreme in black with PHW, so I passed on the KD because I thought they were somewhat similar to me. Your opinions and advice are much appreciated.
I want that graphite KD :cry: KDs are VERY difficult to find in GHW, from my experience. Saw leather in PHW several times in Europe. Exotics are more difficult.
 

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
17,929
2,505
it is all a matter of personal preference my dear... i don't like KDs because they turn on my wrist even on the smallest setting and the HW is always facing down... this bugs me to no end! but i know a lot of ppl prefer the simple look of the KD and it showcases the skin more than the HW.

exotic KDs and CDCs are relatively hard to come by, but not impossible.... it seems to me that there has been a resurgence of them in the last few weeks/months, more so than earlier last year. they do pop up on h.com! maybe H is amping up their production!
 

3DCC

Member
Nov 23, 2010
130
148
Texas
carlinha said:
it is all a matter of personal preference my dear... i don't like KDs because they turn on my wrist even on the smallest setting and the HW is always facing down... this bugs me to no end! but i know a lot of ppl prefer the simple look of the KD and it showcases the skin more than the HW.
Yes! I have that same issue with my KD extreme and I have to constantly turn it around. I guess I'll have the same issue with the graphite gator KD. Don't know I'd that's something I want to deal with again on another bracelet.
 

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
17,929
2,505
Yes! I have that same issue with my KD extreme and I have to constantly turn it around. I guess I'll have the same issue with the graphite gator KD. Don't know I'd that's something I want to deal with again on another bracelet.
yeah if this bugs you, i advise against a KD... that's the reason i only have 1 KD and almost 20 CDCs... you have to figure out what works for you! if you really want a CDC, don't settle. they are around for sure! several graphite matte gator PHW CDCs were just on usa.hermes.com a few days ago!
 

3DCC

Member
Nov 23, 2010
130
148
Texas
carlinha said:
yeah if this bugs you, i advise against a KD... that's the reason i only have 1 KD and almost 20 CDCs... you have to figure out what works for you! if you really want a CDC, don't settle. they are around for sure! several graphite matte gator PHW CDCs were just on usa.hermes.com a few days ago!
Impressive CDC collection! I hope to have half of that collection someday. I guess maybe that's why I can't stop thinking about the pink gator CDC. The more I think about it, the more I am seriously thinking about grabbing it tomorrow.

By the way, I love all your pictures! You have a fabulous Hermes collection! I wish I could tour your closet. Ok, I'm going to stop right now. I sound like a stalker! Lol! :smile:
 

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
17,929
2,505
Impressive CDC collection! I hope to have half of that collection someday. I guess maybe that's why I can't stop thinking about the pink gator CDC. The more I think about it, the more I am seriously thinking about grabbing it tomorrow.

By the way, I love all your pictures! You have a fabulous Hermes collection! I wish I could tour your closet. Ok, I'm going to stop right now. I sound like a stalker! Lol! :smile:
thank you so much 3DCC :blush: it is a fraction compared to other ladies' collections on this forum.... but i love every little thing i have, from the bags to the little charms/twillies. the CDCs have a very special place in my heart, i love them so much.

if you put your mind to it, it will happen. go for it!!!

Get the fuchsia CDC. End of story.
:true:

I would lick floors for a fuchsia CDC with PHW - go for it!!
:lolots:
 

sabrina85

Member
Nov 28, 2012
102
0
Orange boxes
Definitely the fuschia gator CDC! Hands down! You will not be disappointed. In my opinion, CDC is harder to come by. A der friend of mine waited for 8 months to get her black CDC with gold hardware
 

k*d

O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
1,051
695
If the CDC is what you've wanted and have been waiting for, go for it! It doesn't sound like you'd be thinking about the KD if it weren't an exotic.
 

mp4

Weimanuts!
O.G.
Oct 20, 2007
7,947
1,376
yeah if this bugs you, i advise against a KD... that's the reason i only have 1 KD and almost 20 CDCs... you have to figure out what works for you! if you really want a CDC, don't settle. they are around for sure! several graphite matte gator PHW CDCs were just on usa.hermes.com a few days ago!
C, your KD spins on the smallest setting?

OP, buy what makes you happy....not what's rare.

I love the simplicity of the KD. I would jump on the graphite....but that's just me.

I'm not a pink wearer so I passed on the fuschia...I'd much rather allow someone that loves it have it. My own H karma! :P
 

3DCC

Member
Nov 23, 2010
130
148
Texas
k*d said:
If the CDC is what you've wanted and have been waiting for, go for it! It doesn't sound like you'd be thinking about the KD if it weren't an exotic.
You are exactly right. I don't know much about KDs. It didn't stand out to me, only thought about it afterwards after reading people's posts about how much they love exotic KDs (PF is so enabling). But my mind is made up and I'll be honest with myself, I much rather prefer CDCs.
 

3DCC

Member
Nov 23, 2010
130
148
Texas
mp4 said:
C, your KD spins on the smallest setting?

OP, buy what makes you happy....not what's rare.

I love the simplicity of the KD. I would jump on the graphite....but that's just me.

I'm not a pink wearer so I passed on the fuschia...I'd much rather allow someone that loves it have it. My own H karma! :P
I guess I am the lucky one that came across the pink CDC. thank you! I will now give out good H karma myself and pass on the graphite KD to someone who will absolutely treasure it and love it.