Quick Question - Strap on Black Legacy Ali

cc1013

O.G.
Nov 9, 2007
Hi all...
I was just looking at the strap on the black Ali I purchased as a gift at the outlet yesterday. Now I noticed that the leather on the strap is lot a more grainy than the rest of the bag. My whiskey ali (also purchased yesterday) isn't like this. Do you think this is a big defect? Does anyone else have a black ali that they can check for me? It's still a great bag and the body of it is beautiful. I know the burnished leather is a little different, maybe it just takes some getting used to.....
Thanks so much!

My black Ali didn't come from the outlet but it looks pretty even with the strap and the body. If it's something minor, I don't think it will be an issue. I have heard that there are some variations in the black leather (shiny vs. more burnished, etc)....

I am wondering if the bags that are going to the outlet are ones that are returns or ones that had minor defects, which is fine because for me because the prices are so great, but depending on what the bag looks like, it may or may not be acceptable to you.

Can you post pics so we can look at it for you?

My black Ali didn't come from the outlet but it looks pretty even with the strap and the body. If it's something minor, I don't think it will be an issue. I have heard that there are some variations in the black leather (shiny vs. more burnished, etc)....

I am wondering if the bags that are going to the outlet are ones that are returns or ones that had minor defects, which is fine because for me because the prices are so great, but depending on what the bag looks like, it may or may not be acceptable to you.

This is the best pic I could get. It doesn't seem too bad. What do you think? :shrugs:

IMG_1333.jpg

Yes, I can see it. Can you call and see if they have another one and maybe you can just switch the strap since you like the leather on the rest of the bag. This isn't the first time I've seen this on a bag.
But I have to agree that for the price of these bags , I could live with it if I had to!

There were only 3 black Ali's on the floor yesterday and they all had this same grainy look on the strap but they also had some questionable leather on the body of the bags too, so I eliminated them right away. When I asked the SA if there were any more in the back, he checked and said this was the last one. I'm not too concerned, but I'm giving my mom this bag for Christmas (she knows about it). I am going to show it to her tonight to make sure she likes the bag and I'll let you know what she says!

Thanks for your help!

My black Ali was given to me as a gift this week and she came straight from JAX wrapped in her original wrappings! She is in absolute pristine, perfect condition w/ perfectly even leather on her body and strap, and not one scratch on her. I cant help but wonder the same as TejasMama though, that maybe the ones going to the outlets are returns or ones that had minor defects. However, for that price....it's a STEAL of a deal!!!! But, if you arent happy w/ it, maybe you can exchange it for another if another comes in! Good luck!!!! :idea:

I agree, for that price if it is just the strap you are concerned with, you won't see it anyway and once the leather is broken in, there will be other signs of wear that will give it character so I wouldn't be too concerned. I have the black leather Ali and sections of the leather have a slightly different feel but nothing too noticeable and the stitiching is perfect.

On my white Ali some of the leather is different textures and it doesn't bother me. I think it is normal for the natural leather to vary on these bags.

Personally, It doesn't bother me one bit. I don't think anyone would even notice it if you didn't point it out.

Plus the price is a major factor.. I wouldn't pass it up myself..

What matters is how you feel about it though...

I'm fine with the strap and completely agree that the leather can vary. Just glancing at my leather coat verified that for me. For the price, it's still an amazing find!

Like I mentioned before, the purse was a gift for my mom. I had already gotten her a black leather Ergo Belted Hobo 20% off and when she was over tonight, showed her both purses to confirm which she wanted to keep for Christmas (we have other gifts for her, so there will still be surprises). To my complete SHOCK, she chose the Ergo bag. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, but I'm a sucker for the legacy bags (especially the lining). When I asked her about the strap, she said she would have never noticed and it's still gorgeous. So bummer, I thought she would have definitely picked the Ali. I was going to return the Ergo to Macy's this afternoon, but didn't have time. So I'm going to try to run to the outlet sometime next week and return the black Ali. I just don't have the need for it right now because I have the whiskey Ali and black signature Carly. It kills me to pass up such a great deal though!

I'm so bummed. I thought she would love it!