Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Change it to WG

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Make the bezel & slider WG & chain RG

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Louish

Dec 28, 2014
My jeweller is currently making me a RG milgrain bezel set pendant using a spare 0.15ct diamond I have.

This is my *first RG piece* & now I'm worried I've made the wrong decision. In the store WG & RG looked best on me & my husband slightly preferred RG so that's what we've gone with.

However, I want to love & wear this pendant in 5, 10, 15 years time. I'm scared I should have gone with WG even though I love RG now.

My options are:
1. Keep necklace as it is in RG
2. Change it to WG
3. Make the bezel & slider WG & chain RG so I can switch the chain out later if I wanted to. But would this look odd?

My grandmothers wedding ring was rose gold, so as far as I'm concerned, it's timeless.
Trends however come and go, so in 5, 10 years, a different color gold may be more popular. But that's always going to happen no matter what color you go with now.

I love rose gold. I have an old ruby/diamond antiquey looking ring of my moms in rose. I also mix metals - not on the same pc but I have no issue wearing yellow gold earrings w white gold necklace etc.
I'd keep your plans! Unfortunately for me - rose gold is just not flattering with my skin tone. I do wish it was!