Quick Question: Have you ever felt guilty ....

licencetocook

H ballerina
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
OK OK OK ......guilty is probably too strong of a word, but I can't seem to post or respond to other posters on a timely basis. All of you moves wayyyyyyyy too fast for me. Take Maryg's "cheap outfits" or MaiTai's "H-it up" threads as examples.....I just CAN'T keep up with all of you:pout:

Many of you have been very kind offering advice and helpful hints. As hard as I tried, I just can't seem to thank everyone in time. Is it me or do you often feel the same? I also have problems contributing to everyone's reveal. I wouldn't want to come across as an "all-about-me" person. It makes me want to just lurk rather than post.

What is the proper "Netiquette"? Any suggestions?:confused1::confused1:

I think we all do what we can. Hopefully, we have lives beyond tpf! Sometimes we have more time than others and some have very little time at all. A general thank-you should suffice, I would think. If it doesn't, then I guess I'm in the "rude" camp!

Thank you for your prompt reply, India & Suzie!

Aside for a simple "thank you", I am also missing out on some of the reveals and inquiries from other posters. All of you have given me so much and I hope I could reciprocate in some ways.

ClassicTwist - I am so glad I am not the only one. BTW, if I haven't told you before, I love your avatar.

LTC - ITA that it's hard to keep up sometimes. Life is fluid so it is constantly changing. Sometimes you have lots of time and sometimes you have almost no time at all. Everyone's experienced one or the other so I think people understand. And if they don't, they've forgotten that tPF is supposed to be fun.

I understand what you mean. I find it hard to keep up esp when there are so many other sections on the site - like BV, TV, Jewellery etc! In this section like you, I really enjoy Mai Tai's threads, H in action, Cheap and H by Mary but I cannot keep up.

One thing is, you know when you see a post by someone who has not posted in a while, my first thought is " Ooh, its nice to see X post once more" so I think if we all think like that then its all good.

Valencia, Sammyjoe - You are absolutely right! The best part about this forum is someone is always here to provide advice, cheer you on and give whatever it is we are looking for. I may not be the one doing so, but lovely ladies like Cobaltblu are always there we we need them.

And yes, I am always glad to "see" long lost friend resurfacing.

Does it count when you surf around and think nice thoughts about all the lovely tPFers here without posting? :smile: I have little time these days due to wrapping up a client, but still find surfing around a great break and always love seeing "old friends"

LTC - great thread.... and your avatar is one of my favorites on tPF

Yes licencetocook, I am having a really hard time trying to catch up on all the threads at the moment.
Life has been a bit hectic of late,and all the family has been sick , I have fallen so far behind :sad:!!

I love most of the threads, and really appreciate the time members take to post their pics and share their knowledge :flowers:

Then I guess I am also in the "rude" camp as well. There is still life outside of TPF too ... family, work, other obligations, list goes on. TPF is just a small getaway for myself and I really appreciate all the people who took the time to post and "enable" the rest of us!!!

LTC, I often feel the same way!!! I worry that if I list people in a thank you I will forget someone, so a lot of times I just say "thanks everyone" but then that doesn't feel like enough. :shame:
This subforum is the best. I appreciate everyone here so much. :flowers:

I think it's a very individual thing, and this being such a huge forum, there are folks with different takes on all of this, different styles of interacting, different interests. I have scaled back a lot in the past year, just not enough time (and fairly specific interests). I feel a little guilty at times that I don't look at someone's reveal, but I also don't think anyone is waiting for me to comment on it, either....