Quick question for Chloe lovers!!! I need your advice, NOW!!!

Loquita

May 16, 2008
Hi all,
I am writing this quickly on a break from work...I need your advice, please (and feel free to be brutally honest). I have the chance to purchase one of the following two bags, both of which are on my wishlist:

Brick Red Medium Paraty

OR

Chocolate Betty Hobo

Both are NWT...the Paraty is much more expensive than the Betty (I can barely swing it, but I can do it), just so you know. Red is my favorite color (I love the brick especially), but it is mighty expensive - though I have been stalking that bag for months now. The chocolate is gorgeous, but I am not positive that I will wear a brown bag as much, though the leather is KILLER. I love both styles equally - and I already have a small black betty (not the hobo), just so you know.

What would you advise?

TIA!!! :heart:

(I'll check back later...I'm in a rush!!)

you've wanted another Betty tho? I read it on another post. Paraty is imo much nicer. I agree about the red. Red bags are the best. But if it is a lot more than the Betty you need to be absolutely sure you will use it. Do you like the Edith? There is a large red one on ebay...just to throw that into the mix!

Good luck!

I would say go for the Paraty. Only because it sounds like you'd use that one more. And you already have a Betty. But if you do get the Paraty, TRY not to buy any more bags for a few months... although, that's easier said than done! I am not practising what I preach! :P

I think I would have gone for the brick red Paraty. it's such a wonderful style, so classy and different to the other bags you've now bought. And you've been talking about it for a while too?! Also, if you're not sure you will use a choc bag that much either, I would have waited a little bit with the choc Betty hobo. As long as you're ok with the price, I would go for the bag that make my heart beat faster:biggrin:

From your wording, it seems you're wanting the Paraty slightly more? :graucho:

Thanks for your opinions, everyone!!! :hugs:

You all make some wonderful points - and no matter what I decide, once I make this purchase I will definitely not be buying any bags for a good long while.

I will fill you all in on what happens soon!!!

(And in the meantime, if anyone else has any ideas/advice, please feel free to express yourself - I can use all of the help that I can get). ;)

The Brick medium Paraty, hands down. I have a feeling you might regret it later if you don't get it now. And it's a NWT Brick Paraty....something you may never see again.

Hi Loquita - do you mean the brass ringed satchel like I sold? It was the most user friendly bag ever and withstood wind rain and shine without marking the bag at all! So easy to sling on your shoulder. It is however a totally different bag to the paraty - it's really quite casual (and I found the fact that you had to re-zip the top every time you used it rather annoying however you can keep most things in the outside pockets)
I would go for the paraty if I was you - if you have the small Betty I think this would be a better option ...and TBH a red bag has to win hands down!!!! Good luck in your decision!!

PARATY... The betty used to be my fav style ever till i got my choco paraty.
The paraty is an insanely beautiful style. Really edgy without overdoing it. Very practical with the long strap. I love the shape, the details, the leather, the hardware... I would go for it... You wont regret it!

Brick Paraty. Period.

Lo - you will LOVE the Paraty -- it's super lightweight and you can carry it several different ways. Get it. Now!

Sorry to change the subject but has anybody seen the new "haley canvas and leather satchel. Was in Nordstoms last night and it is perfect for the summer just looking for your opinions. It retails for 895$.

going from what you have already said, - you already own a betty - and you wear red - and did want a paraty...

I vote paraty - I think it's best to try the different styles than to double up early on in a bag collection. Paraty is lovely and will add some variety to your bag collection.