Quick question - Aubergine v. Dark Purple

loriw

O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
For any of you that have seen both - which do you like better - the Aubergine vs. the Dark Purple. I'm going to get the Mini Ormala and can't decide which color and I need to quick!!!:yahoo:

Ms.Lizardo

Feb 10, 2007
Sunny South Florida
I'd go with the Aubergine...I have seen both in the lookbook, and the dark purple is almost black.

While the Aubergine is dark too, it is lighter than the dark purple and a prettier color, in my opinion.

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
Deciding between purples is cruel, isn't it? They are both so lovely.

The aubergine has reddish undertones, don't you think, Ms. L?

I'm saving for a dark purple Veronica, but she's a small bag to match my Ormala, which has dark purple trim, so I'm biased.

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
I'd go with the Aubergine...I have seen both in the lookbook, and the dark purple is almost black.

While the Aubergine is dark too, it is lighter than the dark purple and a prettier color, in my opinion.
I agree. It is more interesting looking too. It's a nice leather.

monochrome

Feb 19, 2009
hi loriw, not sure if you've finalized your decision yet. I'm a fan of dark purple because it's a gorgeous neutral. Also biased because I favor black. Really depends on whether you want a neutral or a color.

loriw

O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
I did wind up ordering the Aubergine - not sure how long it will take but as soon as its here - I'll post pics!

lindacris

O.G.
Jan 31, 2007
the beach or the lake
After reading all this I ordered my first Ignes bag, the mini ormala in dark purple. I wanted a neutral and after hearing that is how dark it is I went with it. The aubergine looks beautiful also though.