Quick Question about Neverfull Sizes

autumn2187

Jan 14, 2010
Hi guys,

I just have a quick question about the Neverfull size MM and GM. I am trying to understand the sizes better. When the GM is cinched is it basically the size of an MM uncinched? Thanks for any help or guidance on this!:smile:

I don't know the measurements of the bags cinched and uncinched off hand, and I know there are many knowledgable tpfers who may be able to enlighten you as far as the actual measurements are concerned. So I'll just give you my opinion. While I do think the GM is probably comparable to the MM cinched in, it has a very slouchy look and you would have to really like that to want to buy it and then just wear it cinched. Personally I love the GM and it was what I wanted all along, but it was just too overwhelming on me so I had to go for the MM. Now that I have the MM I love it and I think its the perfect size for me. Even when I cinch the MM I think it looks great and not too small. Sometimes when I see the GM on people now - even cinched - I am struck by how huge it is and how overwhelming it looks. So I guess I would say that it is comparable in size to the MM when its cinched, but it has a very loose and slouchy look compared to the MM, so its a look you'd have to really love.

P.S. You can see my MM uncinched in my pic to tell the size.

I have the Gm and, yes, sometimes I think it's huge! I wear cinched all the time..maybe the Mm it's better if you want to wear it both cinched and uncinched!

I had always had my mind set on the MM size. I haven't seen the GM in person but as I was researching to make my purchase , the GM does look huge in my opinion. I think the MM is great for an every day bag. I wear mine cinched and uncinched depending on what i have in it.

It really depends on your plans for it. I think a GM would be great for travel school or work. But if you're looking for a daily purse... I'd go with the MM. Works out perfectly for me.

Here's a mod shot for reference. I'm about 5'8"-5'9" ish.

Attachments

• image-1657220852.jpg
    image-1657220852.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 3,267
Thanks for the insight ladies! Does anybody else have any ideas or insights into the difference between the MM and GM? Thanks!:smile:

How tall are you? And what would the bag be used for? I'm 5'7" and when I tried on the NF GM in store, my boyfriend said it looked way too big on me. Even cinched, I felt it was big. I think that would be okay if you were looking to use it for travel, but for everyday wear it might look too casual.

I like big, slouchy bags so the GM is the size I prefer. I'm 5'7", and I don't think it looks too big on me at all. Really before I tried it on I thought it was going to be super huge, because that's what everyone kept saying, but once I saw it IRL it didn't seem that big to me.

I wear it cinched with the opening clasp closed.

Idk, I guess it's all just personal preference :smile:

Last edited:
I carry a GM as an everyday bag, I am 5'10" and curvy. I keep mine cinched at all times pretty much except once when I thew in my clipboard, keyboard and tablet for a work meeting, it was nice not to have to carry a seperate bag.

I just measured it cinched it is 16" across the bottom and 8" across the top, uncinched, the bottom remains the same but the top comes out to 22"! No wonder it looks huge when it's uncinched, it is almost two feet across the top.

Hope that helps.

Here's my GM.

NFGM_zps99072d0b.jpg

How tall are you? And what would the bag be used for? I'm 5'7" and when I tried on the NF GM in store, my boyfriend said it looked way too big on me. Even cinched, I felt it was big. I think that would be okay if you were looking to use it for travel, but for everyday wear it might look too casual.

I am 5'2, I was hoping to get the new neverfull in April but am now not to sure because of how big the GM is. Are you still looking to get one when they come out? I was also thinking of using it for travel.

I am 5'2, I was hoping to get the new neverfull in April but am now not to sure because of how big the GM is. Are you still looking to get one when they come out? I was also thinking of using it for travel.

You're 5'2? I'd suggest the MM. I have the MM and the GM. I only carry my GM cinched and even then it's big on me, and I'm 5'6. Great for travel and such, but a little less practical for everyday, IMO. The MM is just the perfect size. Remember, these bags hold a lot more than they look like they should... that's why they're truly never full! :P