Quick question about counter offering as a seller

kirsten

O.G.
May 9, 2006
I am selling an item on eBay with a BIN or best offer. I received a couple offers on eBay that were way too low. I sent the potential buyers a counter offer but have yet to hear back. I was just wondering if I would get a notice if those buyers rejected my counter offer? I would like to at least know those potential buyers decline instead of wonder forever. This is my first time selling an item on eBay with the best offer option. Usually I just do the standard auction with the BIN option.

Thanks so much!

I have stopped doing the regular auction format and have switched to the Best Offer format.

In my experience, I had someone offer me a lower bid than I wanted...and when I counter offered and they accepted my bag just disappeared from the selling window on My Ebay.

I didn't even know that it had sold until My Ebay told me that I was awaiting a payment.

I don't know if you get a "Offer declined" message, but I know that I later got a "Item Sold" email from Ebay.

yes if they decline you will get a notice. many people just ignore it if they don't want the price you offered. you will them get an offer expired notice at some point.