Quick question about counter offering as a seller

kirsten

O.G.
May 9, 2006
OC, California
I am selling an item on eBay with a BIN or best offer. I received a couple offers on eBay that were way too low. I sent the potential buyers a counter offer but have yet to hear back. I was just wondering if I would get a notice if those buyers rejected my counter offer? I would like to at least know those potential buyers decline instead of wonder forever. This is my first time selling an item on eBay with the best offer option. Usually I just do the standard auction with the BIN option.

Thanks so much!

Hats

Feb 16, 2007
I have stopped doing the regular auction format and have switched to the Best Offer format.

In my experience, I had someone offer me a lower bid than I wanted...and when I counter offered and they accepted my bag just disappeared from the selling window on My Ebay.

I didn't even know that it had sold until My Ebay told me that I was awaiting a payment.

I don't know if you get a "Offer declined" message, but I know that I later got a "Item Sold" email from Ebay.

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
yes if they decline you will get a notice. many people just ignore it if they don't want the price you offered. you will them get an offer expired notice at some point.

cherll

juicy on my coach
O.G.
Jun 2, 2007
can you counteroffer to more than one person at a time?