Quick Question About Bordeaux Color

nc.girl

Girly Gear Head
O.G.
Dec 10, 2010
I think I already know the answer to this, but just need some backup or possibly even a different opinion. I kind of feel like the Bordeaux color is more fall/winter, and not really a color that could be worn in the spring/summer. I'm considering purchasing a bag in Bordeaux, which is why I'm asking for opinions. I don't like purchasing bags that are too season-specific. I really like having a nice variety of colors lately, but I do prefer colors that can transition through all the seasons. I'm really loving Bordeaux though; it's so rich and gorgeous!

What do you all think?

It does seem a little wintry to me, but I don't think that you have to be limited to winter. I just think that darker, richer colors seem more winter. I love it too. I am considering the Marielle.

I agree and it does seem a lil bit wintery....but really if you love the bag the. You should be able to carry it at whatever time of the year? But that's just my opinion....I know that I wear my bags all year round

I really love the Bordeaux color, but it just seems fall/winter to me. I'm not sure if I could find a way to wear it in the spring/summer (although I do sometimes carry black bags in the summer, lol).

Thanks, whateve and sandyclaws! Still debating, but I appreciate your thoughts! Hmmm decisions, decisions.

nc.girl said:
I really love the Bordeaux color, but it just seems fall/winter to me. I'm not sure if I could find a way to wear it in the spring/summer (although I do sometimes carry black bags in the summer, lol).

Thanks, whateve and sandyclaws! Still debating, but I appreciate your thoughts! Hmmm decisions, decisions.

If you wear black bags during the summer than I'm sure you can make the bordeaux color work? I wear my black sequence Sophia all year round

If you wear black bags during the summer than I'm sure you can make the bordeaux color work? I wear my black sequence Sophia all year round

I may give it a shot, or I guess I could live with it being "fall/winter-only" type of bag if I absolutely had to. I want this bag pretty darn bad, even though I shouldn't be buying anything like that so soon after Christmas and all the spending that came with that LOL. Eek.

Just my opinion, but I think the Bordeaux will look nice against the light colors of spring and summer. I actually have the Marielle in Bordeaux and love it.

nc.girl said:
I'm thinking so too. Errr...I still can't decide if I should get it or not lol! I think I'm going to sleep on this tonight, and also go home and see what all I have in my closet that would even match with Bordeaux.

From my past experience...if you can't get a bag out of your head then it's going to be bag that you're absolutely going to LOVE when you get it

I have the gathered bordeaux and to me it is a fall/winter color, but I love it so much, I just don't care! I know it stinks to spend so much money on a bag to have it sit unused for any amount of time, but if you love it, buy it. I think the regret of passing on it would be worse.

From my past experience...if you can't get a bag out of your head then it's going to be bag that you're absolutely going to LOVE when you get it

That's what I'm thinking too. I still remember missing out on one bag at the outlet about a year ago. I picked it up, wanted it, then wasn't sure so I put it back. Of course, it was gone the next time I went to that outlet. I don't want to make that same mistake again!

I plan on using my bordeaux gathered Lindsey year round. I think it is a perfect fall/winter color, but I also think it can be a great pop of color anytime of year!

Maybe if you added some spring or summer fobs or scarves to it during those months, you would feel more comfortable about using it during those times.