Quick ? on stams

the Mina is a shoulder bag -- it doesn't have the double handles. It's also a little bit softer than the stam

the stam is a frame bag and in addition to the longer chain, it has double leather handles.

the Mina was also only made in the quilted elastic, while the stam is made in various types of leather

MINA

0470898180465_275x275.jpg

STAM

marc-jacobs-leather-stam-handbag.jpg

I also don't think the chain is detachable on the Mina (altho some people claim to carry it as an oversized clutch), but it is on the Stam (I can't remember and I no longer have mine) -- the Mina was actually the bag that convinced me that I needed a stam!

I also don't think the chain is detachable on the Mina (altho some people claim to carry it as an oversized clutch), but it is on the Stam (I can't remember and I no longer have mine) -- the Mina was actually the bag that convinced me that I needed a stam!
after looking back at my pics, I realized that the chain on the Mina WAS detachable

It is a really different finish. It tends to look metallic, but it's really not. It's not really patent, either. It's just very saturated, shiny leather. It almost has that So-Cool kind of look. It's really stunning. Kind of PVC'ish. I would love to have a Quilted Elastic Stam in Green or Blue. I love the look of this leather and it would have been nice if they would have made them again. I can imagine a gorgeous brown quilted elastic.