Quick maintenance question

Mdraz333

Jan 19, 2013
Do you keep your purses in the dust bag when you're not using them? I liked looking at them across whole top of my closet, but recently felt the need to bag them up........also how often do you condition your bag? I searched and found way too many different answers, thanks in advance:smile:

I don't keep them in dustbags because I need to see them to wear them. I condition them as needed , I don't think there's a rule of how often you have to condition a bag, leathers are different and require different care.

I keep mine in the dustbag, but if I had enough space so that they all didn't touch I might leave them out. I think the leather bags would be ok, but the patent I definitely wouldn't let touch anything else without a dustbag. I have gotten marks on mine just from being next to a leather bag for too long.

I only condition bags when I feel they need it. If the leather gets a little stiff, starts to feel different, etc. Being in a controlled environment inside your house should help them stay nice for a very long time.

Mine are in dust bags because I have to lay them flat and stack due to limited storage space.....ideally a cubbie type unit would be my choice but I don't have the floors pace for that right now. Perhaps I will claim a room when one of my kids move out...lol

I keep my bags stuffed and bagged. I condition them before putting them back into long-term storage (end of the season). I will occassionally condition them when needed, if they start looking dull or scuffed.

I find searching through dust bags frustrating, so I store them without now and can find what I need easily. I do keep the patent and white bags in their dust bags though.
I think conditioning is relative to each bag/leather, and only condition when the leather looks dry.

I store mine in dust bags. I wrapped a label (like an Avery label, but I put two together so it wasn't getting the string sticky, if that makes sense...) around the string of the bag so I know which purse is in which dust bag. They each have their spot in my closet and are also organized by color, so I am able to remember where they are in the lineup better.

I have been wondering about storage too. So another question, do you stuff them when they're stored in the dust bags?

I stuff my bags with "off season" things like summer t-shirts etc and swap that stuff out when switching to summer bags. If I don't have enough tissue paper, that is.

I have been wondering about storage too. So another question, do you stuff them when they're stored in the dust bags?

Only some of them; the ones that don't stand on their own. Maybe I should be stuffing all of them? :shrugs:

I stuff my bags with "off season" things like summer t-shirts etc and swap that stuff out when switching to summer bags. If I don't have enough tissue paper, that is.

That is such a good idea! :smile:

I have mine lined up on the top self of my closet in their dust bags. They're in a certain order so I know which bag is which without having to open up the bag. Each bag is stuffed with tissue paper (usually what it was stuffed with when I bought it).

Cleared most of my closet to get that shelf just for my bags and accessories (which are sorted in shoe boxes and in individual mini dust bags).

I also only condition when needed. :smile:

My bags are in a cubby shelf unit. Each one is sitting on its dust bag and I never conditioned any if them. They're all fine. I love opening my closet and seeing them sitting there on their shelf.