Quick help needed ~ gray residue looking marks on my BRAND NEW bag handles.

nenner

Feb 1, 2007
Does anybody have suggestions for getting these spots off? I have no idea how they got there. The bag is new, and I don't want to do any further damage. Thanks!!

I tried a baby wipe and a regular white pencil eraser and neither worked. I'm just hoping once it patina's they blend in. I have a picture of mine posted somewhere, I'll try uploading one here for you...

Yes! What do you think causes those marks? I saw online somebody mentions mr clean magic eraser ,but I'm not sure I want to try that.

If anybody else has had these marks, and could tell us if there is either a way to get rid of them, or if they show less once the leather patinas that would be great!

My artsy has this..although it's not quite as dark. The first time I carried it I took this picture...

At the end of the day I noticed that bluish gray rubbing all along the inside of my artsy handle..I think it was from the navy blue shirt that I was wearing. :tdown:

At the end of the day I noticed that bluish gray rubbing all along the inside of my artsy handle..I think it was from the navy blue shirt that I was wearing.

That is crazy!

I wonder if sending the bag to LV can get this off? Or maybe it is much more common than I realized and everybody has marks on the leather if you look closely. Either way its totally frustrating. I thought this would be a low maintenance every day bag and I'm finding I don't want to carry it because it already got dirty.

hi! yes it's from the navy blue t-shirt you were wearing. it happened to my friend with a gray t-shirt she bought from old navy..she was to scared to try to remove it so she left it alone.. but now makes sure the top she's wearing has been washed a couple of times before she wears it, so all the extra dye comes out.. sorry i know that's not much help..

OMG speaking of clothes rubbing off on to our items........

I was wearing this stupid F21 cardigan, which bled onto my MC Save It bracelet which I traveled all the way to the States specifically for. It made the vachetta turn this icky grey color... it bled onto the MC area as well :sad: I tried to use Magic Eraser to clean it and it started taking off some of the multicolor print !!! I was horrified... just decided to leave it and live with it.

Lesson learnt!! Never wear a $16 cardigan with a $350 bracelet

Its color transfer from clothing. My Delightful GM had it everywhere on the top, i should have taken pics it looked BLACK. I took a large white eraser to it this morning and i couldn't believe it, it totally erased the color transfer! I did rub it quite hard though.