Quick fix? Does it look weird?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey tPFers! When I first joined tPF I was looking for help on my Gucci Metallic Joy Boston handles. Since I couldn't get the handles replaced by Gucci because it was "too late" & I had no luck finding a repair place where I live, I ended up wrapping the handles.

I would love some honest feedback about what you guys think about how it looks. Negative or positive is definitely welcomed. Or if anyone has any better ideas with how to wrap it or what to do, I would greatly appreciate it. So what do you think? Does it look weird? Should I use a different color?

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

2. Sorry, but not loving it. Gucci can't repair the handles? I'm very surprised! That looks like such a great size, functional bag.

3. I think it look very cute... Lots of the ladies on the Hermes site do this to their bag handles so the will not darken the leather..

4. I don't care for this. Maybe it's the colour? Could you try something a little more neutral?

5. Honestly, I think a more neutral color would work better. :smile:

6. I don't like it either. I know some websites can repair the bag, check into that!

7. Thank you all for replying. I will try to either find a more neutral color or look into a repair shop. If not, I'll probably just end up selling it. But THANKS for all your honest opinions!!

8. what i did with a gucci hobo was actually wrapping the strap with black leather laces which is available at any craft store..i got the softer leather on a roll ...the bag is black by the way. i think it looks better than it did b4 bc the leather wrapped handle adds a new dimension to the bag. the strap used to always slip on my shoulder bc the leather was slippery but now its perfect

9. Oh that sounds like a cute idea! Thank you :biggrin:

10. Yeah, like others have said before the blue clashes too much with the bag itself and draws away the attention in a bad way..

11. Thanks Twin Matrix, I'm on the hunt for something more neutral. The scarf was supposed to be purple, but I noticed that it was really hard to capture the color.

12. Lots of people do this. I think it's a great idea, you can coordinate the scarves with different outfits. :tup:

13. I'm not a fan of the colour. Perhaps if you used a more neutral shade and wrapped it tighter around the handles?

If I were you, I would seriously considering contacting Gucci customer services and make them aware that you were declined a repair. Even if you have to pay for a proportion of the cost, it would be well worth it to get the bag back to its former glory :smile:

14. Thanks Papertiger :biggrin:

Definitely agree with the neutral shade & wrapping it tighter. The other thing is that, even if I were to get the handles repaired & to pay for it through Gucci, I don't really know if it's worth it anymore. I have used this bag now about 10-15 times & it started peeling during my 3rd use. I love the color of this bag though, I'll probably have to think of something else? But thank you for your input!! :smile: