Quick comparison of Beton, Craie and Gris Asphalte

Meowwu

Apr 11, 2016
My recent purchases comprised of Craie, Gris Asphalte (seasonal colour for 2017) and Beton (seasonal colour for 2018).

I thought it would be fun to do a quick colour comparison (mainly between Craie and Beton).
A3111BDC-566A-49E2-A782-CE3F557AE217.jpeg
Craie Eveie in Clemance, Gris Asphalte Roulis in Evergrain and Beton Jige in Swift (I forgot to take off the clothes and it also appeared that I don’t have a family photo with the Roulis with the hardware facing the camera! :sad:.)
BDDEFD4E-20BB-459E-9326-730D9C6D99E8.jpeg
The Kelly double tour in RGHW is Gris Asphalte in Swift leather.
C44F340C-DE30-4178-8A81-25B978D2C9D4.jpeg
A close up that shoes the leather grain differences.
CFB402C7-3CCF-42C7-8614-AE1F4C532684.jpeg
Craie is French for chalk and Beton is French for cement. While both Craie and Beton appear to be shades of white, they each present themselves differently. Craie reminds me of thick heavy cream or butter. Whereas Beton has a grey undertone. I want to say it’s almost like it has a bit of blue/green in the white palette.) To put it another way, Craie is warm and Beton is cold.

I personally think that Craie is a very good alternative to grey (and I am not just saying this because I couldn’t get my hands on a Jige in Gris Asphalte! Lol). The coolness of Beton makes it a very versatile piece and would pair easily with all neutral colours, including black, white and grey. I think it can also be paired with other shades of colours in cool shades.

Continued.... (sorry to juxtapose Gris Asphalte in the discussion. Lol. The photos were taken already, so...)

7022EB8E-05AE-4469-A4E1-EA87B897EAA5.jpeg
Gris Asphalte is by far my favorite grey!! Dare I say my favorite colour?! It is an amazing grey, not to taupey nor too light, yet extremely versatile and appealing!

The above photo is a comparison between swift and Evergrain. The colour presents so well in both leather (as they are quite similar) and there is vertually no colour difference as between the two types of leather.

Just for fun, I put the Gris Asphalte Kelly double tour next to Maron Glace clic. The KDT looks greenish and toupey! Lol. I don’t think they go well together. The Maron Glacé won by a long shot! I wonder what equivalent colour Maron Glacé would be in leather..?

14BC1980-0A8E-4FF5-866E-92589D945E00.jpeg
B7F86BD7-1809-4E81-85BF-1968947D574D.jpeg
(Not much difference at a quick glance though.)

Gris Asphalte is by far my favorite grey!! Dare I say my favorite colour?! It is an amazing grey, not to taupey nor too light, yet extremely versatile and appealing!
with you on this one! Gris Asphalte reminds me of my favorite grey Gris T.... and even better cos it's not as brown! thanks for sharing such an informative post!

Thank you for sharing, I’ve SO a Craie birkin but still need a clutch. With this comparison, I can say that a Beton would be a great option. Thanks!
Whoo!! Can’t wait to see your SO in Craie! Beton would make a great white shade clutch! I imagine you’d have more options in terms of style this year (2018). I saw a Beton in Opli. I imagine it would look lovely in medor with shw.

You're welcome :flowers: What's nice is the variety in textures and bag styles. I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose to add this year!
Me too! I look forwarding to whatever I shall add lol. It’s exciting and also a headache as I have elbow issues so handheld bags aren’t really in my consideration at the moment :sad:. So far I only have Constance 18 and K25 or 28 on my wish list... I heard that having a small list is both a blessing and a curse, so we will see! ;)

Reactions: rainnebeauxday
Me too! I look forwarding to whatever I shall add lol. It’s exciting and also a headache as I have elbow issues so handheld bags aren’t really in my consideration at the moment :sad:. So far I only have Constance 18 and K25 or 28 on my wish list... I heard that having a small list is both a blessing and a curse, so we will see! ;)

Bummer about your elbows :hugs:...but Indeed! about having a small list. A K25 or 28 will be lovely. Do you have a preference for a specific grey shade and type of hw?

Reactions: Meowwu