Quick color vote for croc jige please?

Aug 4, 2006
bordeaux or vert foncé? Both are lissé.
My local store has the Bordeaux and another store has a vert fonce currently in hold for another customer that may free up.

Last edited:
Hmm, am wondering if the lack of responses reflects general unenthusiasm over both choices? I would really value any input, even if it is negative for both. Thanks so much in advance, everyone! I really appreciate it.

Since these are two of my favorite h colors, this would be an excruciatingly difficult decision to make for me. In croc I would probably choose Bordeaux, but you really can't go wrong with either!

Thank you so much! They are two of my favorite colors in lissé croc as well. I wish I could get both. :smile: Money tree, grow!

Either would be fine (sorry). Since you can get the Bordeaux more easily I'd push for that in case it slipped away. I wouldn't want to be left with neither unnecessarily

Last edited:
Thank you so much, everyone, for your input.

I am torn for many reasons. (Don't read on if you get annoyed by long posts!)
Vert emeraude and vert fonce are "dream colors" for me. I have been on the lookout for both of these greens for many years, and even had an SO placed some years ago that ultimately got cancelled in emeraude. I have never seen an evening bag or CDC offered in either color at my local store or in Paris.

Then again, my best friend teases me often about indulging in something she calls "fantasy me."
"Fantasy me" is someone who dresses more formally than I often do. A lady who lunches, which I really am not, sadly. :smile: During the week, you can most often find me in cosy fleece, lululemon pants and some cute jewelry. On the weekends or when going out with my DH, I do dress up quite a bit and love doing so. I adore and appreciate beautiful jewelry and clothing, but TBH it is not my daily wear.

I am also very petite and a bit self-conscious of appearances -- I don't feel comfortable wearing things I consider very flashy or that seem to be wearing ME -- so I often tend towards bags in sober colors like black, beigy neutrals, dark blues, etc. My idea of perfection is my favorite handbag, recently acquired after a long wait, which has a black exterior and a rouge casaque interior. I love that the interior is like my special secret, and that I appreciate the wonderful workmanship that went into the bag. I don't care if nobody ever notices or appreciates it - I do!

My only exotic (croc/alligator) H bag is a kelly pochette in lisse gris elephant which I like, but do not LOVE. The color is very understated, but does not make my heart sing. I just feel like it is tasteful, but doesn't excite me. It is very "appropriate" for many occasions, though.

While I've never owned anything in Vert Fonce or Bordeaux, on the other hand, both of these colors seems to me like "real colors" as opposed to neutrals, but kind of verging on both color AND neutral if that makes sense... rich and beautiful but not "screaming" for attention either. I *think* that I would feel comfortable using either one, but never having carried either, only time would tell!

Realistically, the bordeaux is probably easier for me personally to match with my clothing while still being very, very beautiful. To be quite honest, though, vert fonce seems just a tiny bit more beautiful to me as a color.

Argh! Still not sure, even after all that rambling. :smile: And feeling a little silly for giving it this much thought. Thank you to all of you for giving me an outlet to just think about this "out loud"... few of my dear girlfriends are into handbags the way I am; the one friend who is just as interested, is very busy right now entertaining guests, so I REALLY appreciate your indulgence and input. It's a big purchase for me and I want to be smart about it.

Xiangxiang, I laughed out loud when I saw your reply, but to be honest, I do think I would stretch to get both even though that's a bit crazy! I have a feeling that the vert fonce isn't going to be offered to me anyhow (the SA still hasn't called me back to let me know if the other customer decided to take it), but I know that when one has an opportunity for an exotic at hermes, that particular combination of item + skin might not (ever) come up again!

If a vert fonce comes my way in the future, though, I'd likely get it and never regret having also gotten the bordeaux.

I'll wait to hear from the very nice SA, make a decision by tomorrow morning, and let you all know (and post a picture). Meanwhile thank you again to everyone for your thoughts and kind advice!

Reactions: papertiger
:smile: I know exactly how you feel. I should definitely consult you for my next H or VCA purchase:flowers:
I'm not a red person at all but I do love Bordeaux (especially in exotic).
Pls do let us know what you decide at the end.

Reactions: hopingoneday