Quick Advice Needed!!

envyme

La Ilaha Illa Allah
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Will I be protected if I purchase tickets via paypal from craigslist, in the event that I do not receive the tickets??

Thanks!!

Here in the US you are covered for 'Item Not Received' only, if shopping outside of ebay. You are not covered for 'significantly not as described' though. Let's say the seller decides to send you some blank pieces of paper instead of tickets, I'm not sure that you would have any recourse since they could have a delivery conf# as proof that the item was sent.

Have you tried stub hub or something like that? If it's local you may want to do a meet up instead. :shrugs:
That's what I do when I'm trying to get rid of old furniture, etc.

Thanks!

Here in the US you are covered for 'Item Not Received' only, if shopping outside of ebay. You are not covered for 'significantly not as described' though. Let's say the seller decides to send you some blank pieces of paper instead of tickets, I'm not sure that you would have any recourse since they could have a delivery conf# as proof that the item was sent.

Have you tried stub hub or something like that? If it's local you may want to do a meet up instead. :shrugs:
That's what I do when I'm trying to get rid of old furniture, etc.

OP: Can you tell us if you're in the U.S. or not? PayPal has different rules for different countries. You should go to the PP website and look up the info that applies to you.

In the U.S., you are covered for INR and SNAD claims in and outside of eBay. "Buyer Protection" ceased to exist as of Nov 1; now we have "PayPal Purchase Protection."

The specific terms and the requirements for coverage under Purchase Protection are listed on the PP website. For example, the transaction has to be a purchase, so you have to send the money through the "Send Money" tab on PP's website by clicking the “Purchase” tab or by selecting the “Checkout with PayPal” button or by choosing PP as the payment method on the seller's website.

I'm in the US. The guy selling the tickets can't meet me because he is on travel, and the game is Monday night... He sent me an email saying that I am 100% protected via paypal.

OP: Can you tell us if you're in the U.S. or not? PayPal has different rules for different countries. You should go to the PP website and look up the info that applies to you.

In the U.S., you are covered for INR and SNAD claims in and outside of eBay. "Buyer Protection" ceased to exist as of Nov 1; now we have "PayPal Purchase Protection."

The specific terms and the requirements for coverage under Purchase Protection are listed on the PP website. For example, the transaction has to be a purchase, so you have to send the money through the "Send Money" tab on PP's website by clicking the “Purchase” tab or by selecting the “Checkout with PayPal” button or by choosing PP as the payment method on the seller's website.

Craiglist is swarming with scammers. I wouldn't do this unless I knew the person.

If you decide to risk it, make sure there's a detailed description and photos of the tickets in the CL "listing"? Can you see the actual tangible item(s) you would receive, their worth, the event, the date, seats, etc.? The guy could send you nothing in the mail.

Ugh Karmen! I'll just pass. I don't want to deal with the stress of the "what ifs". Thank you for your response.

BTW, you are one of my favorite posters.:hugs:

Craiglist is swarming with scammers. I wouldn't do this unless I knew the person.

If you decide to risk it, make sure there's a detailed description and photos of the tickets in the CL "listing"? Can you see the actual tangible item(s) you would receive, their worth, the event, the date, seats, etc.? The guy could send you nothing in the mail.

On ebay, you can see the FB of the seller. You can see how many tickets he/she buys or sells. Sure the fees are terrible but you can check out your seller.

Check Stubhub or maybe the website of the event.