Questions to all Chanel Jumbo Owners!!

crazyforhermess

QUOTE me as "CFH"
Jan 27, 2011
Hi everybody:biggrin:

I am planning to get a Chanel Jumbo but after checking some informations here about this beauty, I have some questions and also your suggestions on these;)

a) always loves the Jumbo and the Maxi bag but was strongly advised by aother Chanel lover to get the Jumbo instead of Maxi (she has both) because she said it is very difficult to open and close the flap of a Maxi bag. She said the Maxi size made the bag rested just right under the tip of the 'V shape' of our hand (hope you know what i mean cos i dont know how to name that part of the arm:lol:) and she have to remove the bag whenever she needs to open it. So she strongly against getting a Maxi.
Here I need your advise, she is slightly shorter than me maybe about 5 '5" and I m 5' 7", anybody could offer any advise 'opening' issues now that you have our height measurements too:lol::lol:

b) I m also interested to know if the single and double flaps option still available, if there are which one would you prefer and why pls:graucho:

c) Do you think caviar maroon with PHW is difficult to come by?

Thank you all in advance and any suggestions would by truly appreciated;)

well I can't help with your first one as I am shorter then both of you and I don't own a maxi but I do have a jumbo.

So a) is NA
B) you can only buy the jumbo in a double flap as they stopped making the single (you can still buy them through other avenues Ebay,Yoogi's ect) people have said single makes the bag hold it's shape a little easier then the double but the double is more durable even though you loose a little of the space due to the extra flap.
c) Yes I do believe you will have a really hard time getting a Maroon as I have only seen it once in my store but you might luck out and you might be able to find one somewhere.

Thank you for the info Flyboy, I guess one or double flaps should be fine with me. So finding a maroon bag is difficult I guessed.:biggrin:

well I can't help with your first one as I am shorter then both of you and I don't own a maxi but I do have a jumbo.

So a) is NA
B) you can only buy the jumbo in a double flap as they stopped making the single (you can still buy them through other avenues Ebay,Yoogi's ect) people have said single makes the bag hold it's shape a little easier then the double but the double is more durable even though you loose a little of the space due to the extra flap.
c) Yes I do believe you will have a really hard time getting a Maroon as I have only seen it once in my store but you might luck out and you might be able to find one somewhere.

i prefer single flap bags...much more space...discontinued a couple of yrs ago...
i've become used to using totes as everyday bags so all flaps do seem more difficult to open/close ...
the maxi is bigger & more bulky...
i've knocked into things/people in crowded situations...
you need to try them both on and see for yourself what makes you more comfortable!
always go with your heart!

May I ask you guys if they discontinued singles only for Jumbo? Because that's exacty the bag I wanted to buy. Does the Maxi still come in single? I dislike double flaps so I'm disappointed lol

May I ask you guys if they discontinued singles only for Jumbo? Because that's exacty the bag I wanted to buy. Does the Maxi still come in single? I dislike double flaps so I'm disappointed lol

Single flaps are discontinued for classic flaps so all are double. Your best bet is to try online consignment stores and ebay.. GL

I'm 5.7 and I have both jumbo and maxi...I love the maxi size!! It fits more and it is perfect for more casual or dressy. I have maxis in grey, pewter, and black patent. I use my jumbo for the evening.

Hi everybody:biggrin:

I am planning to get a Chanel Jumbo but after checking some informations here about this beauty, I have some questions and also your suggestions on these;)

a) always loves the Jumbo and the Maxi bag but was strongly advised by aother Chanel lover to get the Jumbo instead of Maxi (she has both) because she said it is very difficult to open and close the flap of a Maxi bag. She said the Maxi size made the bag rested just right under the tip of the 'V shape' of our hand (hope you know what i mean cos i dont know how to name that part of the arm:lol:) and she have to remove the bag whenever she needs to open it. So she strongly against getting a Maxi.
Here I need your advise, she is slightly shorter than me maybe about 5 '5" and I m 5' 7", anybody could offer any advise 'opening' issues now that you have our height measurements too:lol::lol:

b) I m also interested to know if the single and double flaps option still available, if there are which one would you prefer and why pls:graucho:

c) Do you think caviar maroon with PHW is difficult to come by?

Thank you all in advance and any suggestions would by truly appreciated;)
My jumbo is single flap and I like it that way. I am 5'4 and this is nice size for me. I love that I can use it day and night, it fits my sunglasses, wallet, makeup, keys, hand sanitizer, lotion and phone. I am thinking about getting the maxi next, but only for daytime.

I'm 5'7 and I have both jumbo and maxi sizes. I love my maxi the most!! It's great for our height! Lol

I am 5'4 and I have had my jumbo for about 1.5 years and I WISH I purchased the maxi instead. The jumbo is a bit small if you tend to carry a lot. I get annoyed when I cant bring everything I want to in my jumbo when I run errands for the day.

Maxi if you like a larger bag as you can rock both sizes with your height! I sold both of my jumbos as I love my Maxi. I'm 5'5" but I love large bags. Good Luck with your decision!

a) Get the Jumbo. my friend has the maxi, it is very heavy and looks ridiculous when she wear it out at night (jumbo looks much better both day and night).
b) Only can get double flaps. I have both and prefer the look of the double but the functionality and space of the single (and its much lighter)

c) yes. start calling now, maybe what is available will decide for you :flowers:

I have both the jumbo double and single flap. I much prefer the look of the more structured double flap but the single is lighter and a little roomier. I'm 5'9 but small-boned and the maxi overwhelms my frame. The jumbo is as big as I would go. HTH!