Questions regarding WATERCOLORE Speedy!

layd3k

O.G.
Jun 1, 2010
I already posted this in the Speedy Gonzales club, but perhaps it might get more attention in the main forum:P I am interested inpurchsaing the Watercolore Speedy 35 in white for spring/summer 2011. I am searching up Ebay and Malleries, and ebay seems to have A LOT listed right now... My questions are:

1. Would it be best to buy now instead of closer to the actual season this bag would be used since sellers might feel the need to up the prices then?
2.Do any watercolore speedy owners still love the bag as much as you did the day you bought it?
3. How has it held up? Is it easy to clean if a stain comes on the bag? I was thinking of wiping it down every couple days with a damp cloth and mild soap..

TIA everyone! I hope to get some responses!:graucho:

I have used my watercolor maybe three times. The 35 is just so big for me. I always wished I would've bought the papillon instead. :sad: When I go on a hunt for a discontinued item, I decide what price I want to pay and when I find it I buy it. I feel we can never fully predict a buying trend so I buy when I am happy.

I have the white wc speedy in size 30 and absolutely LVOE it! It's the prettiest bag in my collection, and so far I've not seen anyone carry it, at least in my part of the country, so that makes it extra special. I bought it pre-loved but in pristine condition and have only had it for less than 6 months (using it like at least once a week), and so far it has held up extremely well. I won't recommend wiping it down so often, perhaps once in a while or if it gets dirty. Canvas is easy to maintain. You'll only have to guard against colour transfer since it's white. Hope you'll locate a good one soon. It's an amazing bag!

I have the white wc speedy in size 30 and absolutely LVOE it! It's the prettiest bag in my collection, and so far I've not seen anyone carry it, at least in my part of the country, so that makes it extra special. I bought it pre-loved but in pristine condition and have only had it for less than 6 months (using it like at least once a week), and so far it has held up extremely well. I won't recommend wiping it down so often, perhaps once in a while or if it gets dirty. Canvas is easy to maintain. You'll only have to guard against colour transfer since it's white. Hope you'll locate a good one soon. It's an amazing bag!

That is another reason why I was thinking the WC... It is far more unique! I see so many mono/damier speedies everywhere! loll

I have used my watercolor maybe three times. The 35 is just so big for me. I always wished I would've bought the papillon instead. :sad: When I go on a hunt for a discontinued item, I decide what price I want to pay and when I find it I buy it. I feel we can never fully predict a buying trend so I buy when I am happy.

Hmmm good idea..I will definitely keep this mind while browsing the resale sites...

As well, I am partial to the 35 as I am 5'9 so i think it will balance out better!

Thanks for your response!

I have a brown one and it gets a LOT of attention. The brown was more limited, so every time I go in LV when I'm wearing it they male sure I'm not ignored, lol.

I almost got the white, wanted the white, but it wasn't available anymore so I snagged a brown one from the website. I'm glad I got brown because I feel like it goes with more things. I wear mine all the time, and even though the 35 is large, it doesn't stop me from carrying it. It's by far my most beautiful bag, and it's one bag I would never get rid of. Since it's canvas it's easy to keep clean, and I haven't had any issues with the silkscreening rubbing off at all.

I have the 35 and love it as much as the day I bought it! It actually started my love affair with the 35 size....it is the actual size I now prefer!
I also have never seen another person carry this bag....not to common where I live.

I have the speedy 30 I love it, have not had any issues with keeping it clean. I use sometimes in winter too. I just the the bag is too pretty to leave on a shelf for months on end.