Questions Regarding Admins Deleting Comments.

SakuraSakura

Aug 24, 2015
Hi there everyone. I made a comment in a thread and it seemed to be deleted. As far as I can tell, it did not violate any of TPFs rules. I feel that we are, within reason, entitled to speak our minds about whatever topic that pops up on here. My comment was fitting for the topic being discussed. I stand by what I said too. I am also aware that there has been a problem with admins being rather selective of what stays and what is deleted.

I understand Vlad and Megs want this to be a peaceful place and that is why the no politics rule. However, when someone deletes a post days or weeks later and I don't even recall what the post was, that is not very helpful. I can't go back and look at it. I can't respond to the person who made the judgment as it's anonymous.
If it was so offensive why did it take so long to be "caught"?
I understand there are rules but we all want to be treated like adults.
Thank you

I understand Vlad and Megs want this to be a peaceful place and that is why the no politics rule. However, when someone deletes a post days or weeks later and I don't even recall what the post was, that is not very helpful. I can't go back and look at it. I can't respond to the person who made the judgment as it's anonymous.
If it was so offensive why did it take so long to be "caught"?
I understand there are rules but we all want to be treated like adults.
Thank you

Sometimes our mod log gets backed up in the queue and the mods may not get to it immediately. Not optimal, I get that. With our current platform there's no way to offer more transparency in the way moderation is handled, we can look into it for the future. :tup:

^ agreed
All things aren’t reported, but sometimes they are!
Sometimes things are reported immediately, sometimes we get reports on comments made 4 years ago lol
Sometimes we see things relatively soon after posted, sometimes it might be a few days old. But nonetheless, anything violating TOS needs to be removed...
We do our best :tender: