Questions Raised by the 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer

I think Doc Strange and the time stone will play a big part. I also don't think the people that faded died... I think they are in another dimension. Maybe the same one Gamora is in (I don't think she died either).

I just saw the new Endgame trailer and I'm super stoked. I hope that we get to see more of Black Widow and Hawkeye/Ronan's friendship, a team up between Thor and Captain Marvel, and a team up between War Machine and Rocket. Plus, I'm excited to see how Nebula fits in to everything as well.

I think Doc Strange and the time stone will play a big part. I also don't think the people that faded died... I think they are in another dimension. Maybe the same one Gamora is in (I don't think she died either).

How will Doc Strange get the Time Stone from Thanos? The big part will be the surviving Avengers going into the Quantum Realm and going into a Time Vortex (as explained in the end credit scene by the first Wasp in Ant-man and The Wasp) to set things right. Then perhaps Doc Strange will use the Time Stone before Thanos gets it?

Yeah, unfortunately half of all life in the Universe is dead. The snap of the finger did all of that. (Superheros and Super villains love to monologue, hence it was all explained).

To possess the Soul Stone you have to lose / sacrifice someone you love. Like Red Skull said "A soul for a soul" so Gamora is dead. Not even she can survive that fall.

The really big part is... How will they get the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos to set things right... Before he snaps his fingers again... I am sure the resourcefulness of the Avengers will undo all of that. Then there is the wild card Captain Marvel and Thor that will give Thanos a run for his money.

I for one am looking forward to Endgame!

To possess the Soul Stone you have to lose / sacrifice someone you love. Like Red Skull said "A soul for a soul" so Gamora is dead. Not even she can survive that fall.

I hope/don't think Gamora is dead because she really is the emotional center of GOTG. However, it would be insanely interesting to see how her death impacts Star-Lord and the rest of her family-team. I'm also mega stoked to see Red Skull back. It would seem that he fulfilled his obligations on Vormir so we may seem him in future Captain America films with the Winter Soldier or Falcon taking on the shield.

I hope/don't think Gamora is dead because she really is the emotional center of GOTG. However, it would be insanely interesting to see how her death impacts Star-Lord and the rest of her family-team. I'm also mega stoked to see Red Skull back. It would seem that he fulfilled his obligations on Vormir so we may seem him in future Captain America films with the Winter Soldier or Falcon taking on the shield.
Since there'll be Vol. 3 in 2022, Gamora will most likely return, as will half of the life in the Universe that was Snapped out of existence. Rumour has it that there is a 5 year gap between Infinity and Endgame, so yeah it's going to be interesting to see how the surviving members of each team are handling all of this.

Captain America The Winter Soldier (2014) kinda hinted at that Bucky (The Winter Soldier) will take on the shield. Ahh, but who knows...

Also Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) will be released after Endgame, so Peter Parker will come back from the Snap, as this film is the first movie of Phase 4 in the MCU... Unless the events in this film will happen before Infinity War...

Last edited:
Captain America The Winter Soldier (2014) kinda hinted at that Bucky (The Winter Soldier) will take on the shield. Ahh, but who knows...

Also Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) will be released after Endgame, so Peter Parker will come back from the Snap, as this film is the first movie of Phase 4 in the MCU... Unless the events in this film will happen before Infinity War...

I believe Far From Home take place post Infinity War/Endgame which doesn't make sense to me if Endgame is supposed to be five years later, but Homecoming was a bit ret-conned in the timeline as well and their is always the possibility of time travel if Endgame.

But what I really wanted to ask was who you'd rather see as Cap -- Bucky or Sam? In the comic books, I preferred Sam's run as Captain America, but I think MCU wise it would be great to see either.

I believe Far From Home take place post Infinity War/Endgame which doesn't make sense to me if Endgame is supposed to be five years later, but Homecoming was a bit ret-conned in the timeline as well and their is always the possibility of time travel if Endgame.

But what I really wanted to ask was who you'd rather see as Cap -- Bucky or Sam? In the comic books, I preferred Sam's run as Captain America, but I think MCU wise it would be great to see either.
I prefer Bucky, as he is Steve's equal in terms of physical stamina, and the long history they have together. And Sam is the opposite. Then again half of the Avengers are non-powered humans who use tech to enhance their abilities, so there's that. Also in the comics Bucky took over the mantle of Captain America from Steve. But Sam also took over Captain America from Steve in said comics. But as we've all seen, the MCU tends to slightly alter things up a bit to keep the fans engaged and enraged, and the MCU tends to mine it's material from the mid 2000's comics onward.

That's what makes the MCU so engaging to me, as they take bits and pieces of the original source material from the 1960's and move it forward and refresh the characters and stories. So in that regard, It would be cool to see what they do with either Bucky or Sam as the new Captain America.

That's what makes the MCU so engaging to me, as they take bits and pieces of the original source material from the 1960's and move it forward and refresh the characters and stories. So in that regard, It would be cool to see what they do with either Bucky or Sam as the new Captain America.

I agree, I was talking about that with someone the other day. For me, the merit is that I get even more stories about characters I've loved my entire life when the MCU and Marvel television shows create new stories from source material. The person I was talking with expressed dismay that the MCU doesn't follow comic book storylines more closely. I loved Brubaker's Captain and Millar's Civil War, but the McFeely/Markus and the Russos gave me yet another story to love.

I could go on forever though, thank you for responding!

I agree, I was talking about that with someone the other day. For me, the merit is that I get even more stories about characters I've loved my entire life when the MCU and Marvel television shows create new stories from source material. The person I was talking with expressed dismay that the MCU doesn't follow comic book storylines more closely. I loved Brubaker's Captain and Millar's Civil War, but the McFeely/Markus and the Russos gave me yet another story to love.

I could go on forever though, thank you for responding!
Ya no worries.