questions! please please --

Claudia

formerly Purse-onality
Nov 10, 2006
Hi everyone, I have a few questions:

1. Is it odd for a seller to offer free shipping if the item is huge (i.e., LV Bellevue GM)? :confused1:

2. has anyone done business with "buyloehs" ?

3. Can someone become a power seller with only 213 feedback, even if its all positive? I thought they needed to be in the 4 figures, minimum. :wondering

4. If a powerseller, why is seller protected from all claims by the buyer, if its a fake, etc? Doesnt this contradict the opportunity for a buyer to file a complaint and have it favorable for the buyer? (discussed in info re: powersellers)

I sure would love answers, guys and gals... :wondering

Last edited:
Powerseller status is determined by $ sold per month and transactions.

Some of the biggest power sellers on ebay sell fakes. Power seller does not equal reputable seller.

Re. question 1. - I think it all depends on how much they are charging for the bag, relative to what they paid for it and/or how much/quickly they want to sell it.

If they got a really good deal on it (or it's fake!) they're, obviously, going to be more inclined to swallow the shipping costs.

So, are you worried that this powerseller is selling fakes, then? If so, wouldn't first time one did, by any means! :nogood:

they had only one listing...is that suspicious? (and my friend got it) thats why am asking these questions...am worried for her...(she is not on tPF)

i hope it's ok to ask questions on behalf of a non-tPF member!!

If you look through her FB she has sold other designer bags. Offering free shipping is common with expensive bags. Plus for a while there, eBay was giving sellers a break for 30 day listings with free shipping. Could have been a holdover from that special.

yes, ! Noshoepolish..and she did start the Bellevue listing at $799 which is not unreasonable since it retails for $1080.. i am just a wee bit nervous..for my friend... but i really appreciate your f/b!!

Go to the LV area and have the bag authenticated. They can snope things out. The main thing besides authenticity is to make sure the photos are hers.

Another thing to remeber is that times are hard. People are selling things at a loss to make mortgage payments, car payments, and put food on their tables.

1. Free shipping is not a red flag
2. authenticate auction in ATLV and also take photos of the item once received and re-auth on the ATLV.
3. Powerseller status means little IMO, and there have been plenty of powersellers busted for selling fakes.
4. Ebay/PP likely favor their PS's... but more than a few PS's and been reported and NARU'd.

Has she payed already??

Ellie, she already paid but it did not clear the sellers bank yet...how long does it take to do this? and Cowprincess, i have a dumb question - by moving up, what exactly do you mean? (maybe i didnt get enuf sleep) lol TIA!

Ellie, she already paid but it did not clear the sellers bank yet...how long does it take to do this? and Cowprincess, i have a dumb question - by moving up, what exactly do you mean? (maybe i didnt get enuf sleep) lol TIA!

Did she pay w/ a CC via PP... or what?

Moving up - means that in a search, an item offering free shipping will show up closer to the top of the page.

And did you post the auction for AUTH on the ATLV?

Last edited:
By looking at the seller's listings, she only accepts PP.

If your friend is new to Paypal, or has bought alot lately, PP may withhold the payment from the seller for 24 hours to make sure the card is not from a stolen account.

Make sure the seller isn't holding it for the 21 day Paypal hold for sellers.