Questions on the josephine wallet...

greenes_girl

Jun 25, 2011
Sooo. I am planning on buying by first lv wallet Monday and I am leaning towards the Josephine in blue. How do you like it? How do you feel about the removable pouch? Does the pouch feel flimsy and how does the wallet feel with it removed? Any thoughts and opinions on this wallet are appreciated. I will be pairing her with the Epi speedy in blue leather. Do young that would work? Thanks :smile:

I think that would be cute together!! And I have the Josephine in green and love her. I've had her for about 9 months and have had no problem besides a little fading on the button. The removable pouch is thin but durable. It will hold a lot of coins on its own. It is a thin wallet and I really like that about it because it does t make my bag to heavy with it in there. I can fit two cards in the card slots. There's a lot of room to stuff things and I can stuff a lot in there if I want. For the money I think it's an excellent wallet. And I feel happy every time I open her with the pop of color :smile:

I have the Josephine in DE. I think the pop of color is beautiful. This wallet is one of my best purchase decisions. It's very well made, and the removable pouch is so functional. I use her to store my credit cards, cash, etc. and put the coin pouch in a smaller clutch like the EVA or Rossmore when going out. Also - Don't let the 4 slots of cards fool you. The pouches in this wallet are so generous and my wallet never feels bulky. Good luck in your decision!

Last edited:
iheartmypurse said:
I think that would be cute together!! And I have the Josephine in green and love her. I've had her for about 9 months and have had no problem besides a little fading on the button. The removable pouch is thin but durable. It will hold a lot of coins on its own. It is a thin wallet and I really like that about it because it does t make my bag to heavy with it in there. I can fit two cards in the card slots. There's a lot of room to stuff things and I can stuff a lot in there if I want. For the money I think it's an excellent wallet. And I feel happy every time I open her with the pop of color :smile:

I may have misunderstood you, but do you mean the pouch also has credit card slots?

I have the Emilie wallet which is the same price point as the Josephine. I went in to try the Josephine and they showed me the Emilie as well and I ended up liking the Emilie more! The Emilie was just better for me personally bc as soon as you open it your cards and everything else are there, whereas the Josephine you have to flip it all the way open to get to your stuff. you should try both and see which is better for you! I have the red and love it :smile: the blue would be perfect to match your speedy!! :smile:

I have a red Josephine and used it as my everyday wallet for a year and a half. No problems at all. It's quite roomy and well made. The removable coin pouch is what really sold me, because it can be used as a small wallet by itself inside of a small bag for evenings. Cash and cards will fit into the pouch when you use it by itself.
The entire wallet is lightweight but sturdy. The 4 card slots hold 2 cards each, and the long compartment behind them can hold more. It's a great wallet, and will look gorgeous in blue along with a blue epi bag. Enjoy!

I have the blue Josephine wallet, I just love it. Since the day I got it I have never switch wallets and it fit a whole lot in there. I like it cause it can fit in my alma BB which I'm amazed by that. And I can keep everything in one spot. No need for separate coin purse or pouch for receipts. And I love the removable pouch, even though its a bi flimsy, but it sure holds a lot of coins. Sometimes I use it for lipsticks and such for my pochette.

Love love love my red Josephine. I bought her last year after a friend bought an Emilie. She's such an affordable and functional wallet. I also take out the coin pouch and use it in my Eva. Although some have mentioned that a plus for the Emilie is that you don't have to open the whole wallet in order to get to your cards, I don't mind that. Plus, there's all that extra space in the back pocket for receipts and stuff.

I have the Josephine in Rouge and I love it. I love the little removable coin purse that comes with it. The whole wallet fits in my mono Eva and DE Eva with plenty of room for me to fit my phone, lipstick, and 6 key mono key holder. Or when I have time I just use the removable coin purse and place my CCs in there. You will enjoy it. To top it off, its pretty affordable for an LV wallet....Good Luck!

i have the josephine in DE. it's a great wallet for the price. it feels more flexible than the other wallets i think. i know others have reported peeling and cracking of the glazing, but so far i haven't seen it. the coin zip pouch is a nice touch. it has a rather cheap lining to it, but it's functional. :smile: